ARC 16 : THIS LIFE~THE BEGINNING

Chapter 271: This Life—The Beginning (XII)

TL: Rosy

Wei Xun didn’t immediately look for Shang Ke after returning to China. Instead he went straight to his father, Wei Xingye, who was at J Province.

Just as they saw each other, Wei Xun hadn’t opened his mouth yet, but Wei Xingye immediately pointed at his nose and cursed, “You still have the face to come see me? Scram! Scram as far as you’ve gone with that gigolo!”

Wei Xun knew that Shang Ke had met his father, but he didn’t exactly know what they talked about. However, looking at his current expression, Shang Ke must’ve made him suffer.

Shang Ke actually made his father suffer? His father had participated in dozens of wars in the past, and he never thought twice about killing. Although his temper was somewhat curbed after peace, he wasn’t some law-abiding citizen, otherwise he would not just do a dirty thing like casually throwing an innocent person abroad to survive.

At this point, Wei Xun also seemed to be deeply affected. He did things his way, but before he went his way, he left very little blackmail material behind. The reason why Shang Ke was able to find so many illegal materials as his bargaining chip was because Wei Xingye had been in power for many years. He had many complicated relationships, and the implications were numerous. By following the clues, he was able to compile a relatively complete file.

“Father, I came to tell you today that the sweet potato (illegitimate child) you sent to E country, I’ve already taken care of him for you.

Wei Xingye was dumbfounded, then immediately flipped out, “What did you do with him?”

“I’ve done what you’ve done to Shang Ke.” Wei Xun replied indifferently. “Rest assured. He’s an adult. He won’t die abroad because he’s penniless and unable to speak the language. You saw that Shang Ke also returned safe and sound, right?”

Wei Xingye’s eyes burned with rage. He pointed at Wei Xun, unable to speak.

“If you dare to touch my people next time, I don’t mind continuing to clean up the family for you.” Wei Xun turned and walked to the doorway, then paused again. “By the way, just a sentence to remind you, my mother seemed to have noticed.”

Wei Xingye’s expression froze. He picked up a finely carved pen holder on the table and ruthlessly smashed it towards the closed door.

Those two threatened him one after the other. Those motherfuckers really work together well!

Shang Ke never thought that Wei Xingye would really compromise in that way. People in dirty organizations like to speak leaving ways out to themselves. Who knows what ideas he has in his heart? The reason why he chose to lay his cards on the table with him was not to finish him with a single strike, rather, he doesn’t want to harm the innocent. He wouldn’t dare rashily to harm him.

With this buffer period, he was able to concentrate on doing his own things.

Shang Ke had just ran home in the morning. When he looked up, he saw a tall figure standing by the doorway, staring at him steadily with a pair of dark pupils.

Shang Ke walked over without saying a word. He opened the door and allowed him to follow behind.

When they entered the living room, Shang Ke turned around, about to speak, when he was suddenly hugged.

He thought that a certain someone would come give him a truthful love confession, or maybe a deep self-criticism, but he didn’t say anything. He simply bound him tightly with two strong arms. His beating heart and warm breath gently tugged his heartstrings.