Arc 16 : THIS LIFE~THE BEGINNING

Chapter 274: This Life—Starting (XV)

TL: Rosy

“This kid! What were you doing running to the coast on such a cold day? If it weren’t for luck, i'm your mom, afraid she won’t be able to see you anymore.” Song Mizhen chattered on as she ladled out some soup for Wei Xun.

Wei Xun leaned against the side of his bed. He looked outside the window in a daze, turning a deaf ear to Song Mizheng’s words.

“Ah Xun?” Song Mizhen slightly raised her volume.

This made Wei Xun turn his head, his gaze falling onto her face.

“What’s going on?” Song MiZhen felt somewhat uneasy by his gaze and she couldn’t help but touch her face.

“What happened?” Wei Xun’s memory stopped at the moment of the avalanche. Afterwards, he was fished up from the middle of the sea hundreds of miles away. His face blindness was also cured out of the blue for good, but he felt that he lost something extremely important to him.

“Didn’t I tell you? You found out that your dad was in danger at Xiutayue Mountain. You immediately rushed over to save him, and the outcome was that you ran into an avalanche. After being rescued, you were sent to the military district hospital to receive treatment. They don’t know why, but you suddenly left the hospital and ran by yourself to the coast.” Song Mizhen repeated the same answer like she was reciting from a textbook. When Wei Xun woke up from the hospital, the Wei family discovered that there was something wrong with his memory. He remembered everyone except he forgot everything about that person. They decided to beat him at his own game and completely erased any trace of the person’s presence.

Wei Xun took the bowl from Song Mizhen’s hands, drinking it sip by sip.

Song Mizhen secretly exhaled. She still turned around to warn everyone else that they must, by no means, let it slip.

A few days later, Wei Xun left old Wei’s house, escorted by bodyguards, and stayed at the hotel closest to the company. After leaving for almost a month, the company’s affairs were all handed over to other people to deal with. Even though operations or activities weren’t strongly affected, many important decisions were still delayed due to his absence.

While he was flipping through the data, the project regarding robots in particular caught his interest. Nowadays, robotic pets were sold well all over the world, triggering big waves throughout the technology field. However, he doesn’t remember how he started the project at that time.

【Be collaborative partners.】

A familiar voice unexpectedly rang by the side of his ear. Wei Xun suddenly lifted his head, only to see an empty room.

After sitting stiffly for some time, Wei Xun slowly got up and strode away from the hotel room.

“Master Xun, what are your commands?” The bodyguard saw him appear and immediately asked.

Wei Xun’s figure came to a stop. For a moment he did not know what he wanted to do.

Right at that moment, the cell phone in his pocket rang. Song Mizhen had given him a phone call, reminding him not to forget his appointment with Wang Qinya.

“Wang Qinya?” Wei Xun’s understanding of that woman was only a vague silhouette.

“You forgot. She’s your fiancée. At the time you were setting up the laboratory to develop robotic pets, wasn’t it in order to please her?”