The Cat and Crow Reunion

Five Years Ago, May

"This year, I'll see you at nationals." Ukai said.

"Heh! You say the same thing every year." Nekomata said.

"Shaddup! This is gonna be the year!" Ukai said.

"We're looking forward to the Battle of the Garbage Dumpster at nationals this year!" One fan of both teams exclaimed from the bleachers.

"But at the June inter-high, both schools narrowly miss earning a ticket to nationals. In March of the next year, Karasuno High, representing Miyagi prefecture, and Nekoma High, as Tokyo's second representative, both appeared in the Spring High School National Volleyball Tournament, however...

Karasuno was defeated in the third round and Nekoma was eliminated in the quarterfinals. They held many, many practice matches, but both coaches retired without ever crossing swords in an official capacity. This led to the steady decline of both teams." Takeda narrated.

"So that's the reason why they have that match known as the "Battle of the Garbage Dumpster." Ishigami said.

"Nationals isn't an easy competition if I'm gonna asked. You'll face the best of the best teams from different prefectures and you can't easily calculate or analyze each of them because there's too many of them!" Fujiwara said.

"Is our school part of Tokyo, right? Then why we can't see nor hear our school stepping on the national stage in volleyball?" Fujiwara asked.

"Unlike theirs, your school isn't more focused on sports and entertainment. But you do focus on certain things like business and other stuff." Rize said.

"That's right! Let's see if we can reach Nationals this year!" One teacher said.

"We should put some of our attention to our athletes though. So that they won't feel that we're not paying attention to them." Another teacher said.

"That's a great idea! Let's ask the Student Council to help the sports teams in our school to make sure we can also be good at sports!" Another teacher said.

"And who'll you have as your spiker, Miyuki over here? The student council president?" Giyu asked.

"N-No! That won't do! I may be good at playing volleyball but I don't have some sort of special Quirks like Hinata or Kageyama!" Miyuki defended.

"You can create one if you want to." Giyu said.

"Uhm... I don't know but, all regions in volleyball are cool. Spiking, receiving, blocking, serving..." Miyuki uttered.

"Fujiwara can play but, I'm afraid she has those big--" Ishigami stopped as Fujiwara slaps him.

"Don't try to mention it, Ishigami!" Fujiwara pouted.

Kenma can be seen a bit shy and looks away as Hinata suddenly realized that Kenma is playing for Nekoma.

"But how... Let the fateful rematch begin!" Takeda narrated. The title "The Cat and Crow Reunion" appeared on the screen.

"Kenma! Y-Y-You, go to Nekoma?!" Hinata asked.

"Uh, yeah." Kenma replied.

"How come you didn't tell me?" Hinata asked.

"You never asked." Kenma replied.

"He has a point." Ichigo said.

"Yeah." Zorome said.

"But you said, "See you later"! You must've known something!" Hinata said.

"The words "Karasuno High School" were on your T-shirt." Kenma replied.