06: A Trip Down Memory Lane

"I had the marauders.."

August 31, 1995

August 31, 1995

                Remus returned to Grimmauld Place a couple days after the full moon. Due to the lack of Wolfsbane, there had been a few new scars all over his body. Although he stayed in his room almost the whole day, no need to showcase his scars he thought. Sirius had not been able to accompany him and make the night at least a bit bearable, for the following reasons;

A.) Dumbledore ordered for him to stay put and,

B.) Everyone trusts Dumbldore.

The sight of his old friend made Sirius feel guilty and resorted to bringing him meals and drinks, he even offered to stay, which Remus politely declined. Guinevere too, had been stuck in her room. She didn't really feel like conversing with other people, all she could think about was Grant.

Leaving him like that was cowardly. She felt as if she could've done something to improve both of their situations, not just hers.

The Weasleys and Hermione Granger had arrived in Grimmauld Place right before Harry. School was going to resume tomorrow, which meant that they would all have to leave soon. Molly decided that it was best that everyone went down for supper and ate together, mainly because it is the last night the kids would be staying in Grimmauld. The old woman definitely had the last say in the matter and demanded that Remus and Guinevere stop sulking at this very moment and come down for supper.

She had sent Ron to fetch both of them and relay her message. He knocked at his old professor's door and narrowed his eye at the sight of him. He did not say anything though, usually he would've reacted bad but now he kept quiet. Remus thought it was a bit weird, mostly because Ron tends to act on his emotions.

"Mum says you should come down, we'll be going back to Hogwarts tomorrow." he said curtly and quickly added, "Oh and she won't take no for an answer."

Remus chuckled and nodded in defeat, "Can't argue with that, I s'pose"

The younger man smiled at him, "Right, I'll go get Guinevere then."

Ron turned to the other side of the hall and lifted his knuckles to knock on the wooden door. Guinevere looked tired as if she had not been getting any sleep. Ron asked her to come down, 'Mum's order' he said, which made her sigh exasperatedly.

"Be down in a bit then." she smiled shyly before gently closing the door.

"Alright there, Moony?" Sirius asked as Remus entered the room. He shrugged lightly as a response and took a seat opposite to Sirius. Everyone was in the middle of their own conversations and seemed to befuddled by the food in front of them. Molly is indeed a good cook, he thought to himself as he took a bite of the lamb chop.

The room suddenly turned quiet and the atmosphere felt more uncomfortable than it was, only a moment ago. Remus lifted his gaze and turned to the door, she looked better now. Just minutes ago she had appeared fatigued upstairs, now she looked more put together.

Molly stood up and approached the young woman, gently pulling her into a tight hug and beckoned for her to take her seat.

Unfortunately, the only vacant seat was beside Remus. Guinevere groaned mentally and cursed the universe in her head as she slowly walked to the table. She didn't want to seem ungrateful and took her seat beside him.

Guinevere eyed the sandy haired man confusedly, it's as if his scars weren't enough the other day and decided that he acquired more. She picked up her utensils and began picking her food. The slytherin snorted sarcastically and whispered,

"Here I was thinking that you can't possibly look worse, the world is full of surprises. Don't you think?" 

Remus rolled his eyes at her statement, most definitely annoyed now.

Can I not enjoy his meal in peace? Haven't I suffered enough?

"Right." he whispered back. He wasn't really in the mood to argue right now. Besides, he felt as if she was not wrong. He looked much older than he was, his hair had gray streaks and he had scars all over his face, and his shabby clothes were no help. He couldn't even find the willpower to argue right now, first because he was still drained after the full moon and second is because he thought she was correct.

Remus quickly finished his food and resigned to the living room. He sat on an armchair for a while, reading a muggle novel as he listened to the chatters from the kitchen. Shortly after, Molly walked into the room and sat on an armchair opposite to Remus. She had brought him a cup of hot chocolate and placed it on the center table in between them. He gladly obliged and smiled at the older woman.

"Was it bad?" she inquired facing the taller man, he sent her a confused look, clueless about what she was pertaining to. "The transformation I mean."

"Alright I s'pose." he chuckled, taking a sip.

"Don't know how you used to cope."

He paused for a bit, contemplating his reply. Remus put the mug down and ran a hand through his hair and muttered quietly, "I had the marauders.."

The thought of his old friends made him feel sad, they didn't deserve what happened to them. Lily and James.

"You still have Sirius."

"No use he is," he chuckled and looked at the older woman, "Under house arrest, strict orders from the boss." he said, raising his brows playfully.

Molly nodded. Ginny had come and fetched her saying that the twins kept apparating everywhere and knocked a few stuff.

Thankfully, Remus didn't see Guinevere for the rest of the night. Feeling emotionally and physically drained, he decided to call it a night and went up to his room, planning on remaining there for the rest of the week.

And that's when it came to him, with the full moon just a couple of days ago, he was a bit preoccupied and forgot of his tasks. He was to accompany Guinevere on the Third of September. Remus groaned and dropped on the bed, covering his face with his palms.

Why is it always me?

—————
A/N
a bit boring !! sorry :")
xx katie