ON THE RUN

____

____

"Patrones spell is very effective when going against Dementors and judging by the fact that they are sided with the Dark Lord this will help." Harry said loudly to the people in the Room of Requirement. 

"You'll have to think of the happiest memory—" 

Ethaline sighed quietly; this was the one spell she was dreading. Despite the fact that she had everything growing up, happy moments were scarce, and judging by the fact that her once happy memories were clouded with her resentment towards her father, mother and twin she didn't have any. 

Not, a single, one. 

Speaking of, she hadn't seen or spoken to Draco since the semester started. In fact, she thought it was rather concerning. Draco didn't go down without a fight so this was unsettling. Though if she had to guess it would probably be over the fact that he was busy doing Head Boy duties with Pansy. 

Pansy. 

The short haired raven head had pretended she didn't exist when she walked by. Ethaline immediately recognized her pathetic tactic, act like you were never best of friends to avoid dealing with the pain. Pretending like they never happened. 

"Ethaline you'll be partners with me." Harry said randomly. 

Ethaline raised her eyebrows and looked around, "What about Cho?" 

"She had a meeting." 

"My partner is usually Neville—" Ethaline said before he cut her off 

"He's with Luna." 

Ethaline rolled her eyes playfully, "Well I suppose." She sighed before the two walked to an empty spot. "Oh, chosen one—" 

"Come off it." Harry said, "Expecto Patronus, go." He motioned as Ethaline furrowed her eyebrows at him. 

"Can I at least think of a memory?" She huffed, before getting to thinking. She paced lightly, her hand resting on her wand while tapping it slightly in hopes of coming up with one but failed. 

Even the ones with Azura were overshadowed with sad emotions because of her forced departure from the school and her side. Ethaline tried it anyway and closed her eyes, I haling deeply. 

"Expecto Patrnomum!" She held her wand out and nothing came out. Not a spark, not a light, not a shimmer or a shine. In fact, she felt rather stupid and put the wand down, groaning. 

Harry glanced around, "What?" 

"I'm afraid I don't have a happy memory to produce the charm," she sighed as Harry staggered back a little. 

"How—"

"Is that possible? You try being Lucius's daughter." She snickered, "After the age of six you're pretty much guaranteed a miserable and overbearing existence." She sighed.