22: Nishinoya, the former team's libero.

~\(≧▽≦)/~

~

You were busy discussing money management with the class newly elected treasurer as the class monitor cause you forgot that there is a volleyball practice. You were late to the practice so quickly rush to the gym without changing your uniform.

While running through the hallway, many stop their conversation and gave you a look. Maybe it's the fact you're running in a skirt, and no girls in the school do that. But you didn't care about their stare and point, you didn't care those gossip about you a long time ago.

You have great stamina compared to normal people since you do vigorous activities every day, so you're not easily out of breath from running around. But you have a huffed breathing when you arrive but nothing too serious. 

But someone leaves the gym just as you arrive, he was short for a boy of his age and yet you didn't catch a clear image of his face since he was rushing to somewhere. You turn to where your senpais were and light bows in respect. 

Hinata ran out of the gym to follow that short black-haired boy, maybe using his sunshine energy to plead him to teach him about receive. "Who is that guy?" You ask your upperclassmen who are looking sad by what you assume as the tragic team's backstory.

"He is Nishinoya, our team's libero- no, former team's libero," Daichi said while looking mindlessly on the ground, reminiscing about the past and a certain someone. Looking at your upperclassmen so depressed, you know your place as their underclassmen and didn't ask the questions further.

"Go and change your uniform, [Last Name]," Sugawara said with a half-smile while you nod in response. After you change into your gym clothes, the upperclassmen were nowhere in sight, maybe went out and check on Hinata and Nishinoya.

"Want to train together?" Kageyama asks you while holding a ball, the practice hasn't started yet so a little warm-up won't hurt anyone. "Sure, give me all you got."

..

At the end of your team's daily practice, the class of receive with Nishinoya has started. It seems you also overestimated Nishinoya's intelligence, he also was one who demonstrates with sounds instead of instruction. Hinata, Kageyama, and Nishinoya are triplets from different mothers.

"Nishinoya-senpai, maybe you could teach them with basic instruction?" You said as even his students who are Hinata and Tsukishima didn't even know what's he talking about. His eyes glimmers and his lips tremble after what you just said. "I know that I'm handsome but please don't flirt with me for I belong with Kiyoko-san"

He makes a very dramatic move with his palm is in front of your face while the other grip the fabric of his shirt. "I'm not trying to flirt, I'm just saying maybe you should use words to teach them instead of using sounds." You said with a blank face trying to reason with him.

"You're so cold but I love it!" He said while you sigh in defeat, is this what Kiyoko-san experience while being their manager? You felt bad for her for dealing with these boys' hormones. The teaching continues with Nishinoya continue to blabber about how to receive in a way that no one understands until a certain scared name pops up.

"Nishinoya-senpai, who is Asahi-san?" Hinata asks the libero, the name makes you remember a certain rumor that is going around the school. "Isn't Asahi the senior that has been in high school for five years?" You said which makes the upperclassmen laugh, you turn to them and tiled your head.

"Eh? Then he is an adult now!" Hinata was surprised by the fact one of the third years is an adult and the school will make anyone who fails the exam study for another year. Judging by his study, he could be stuck in high school forever and he began to tremble in fear.

"Did I said something wrong?" You ask your upperclassmen who are chuckling, Daichi waves his hand and said: "It's just a rumor, he is the same age as me." Hearing about the truth, you felt really embarrassed in believing in those rumors. Hinata was a relief after hearing the truth since he wouldn't be stuck in high school and couldn't be a national volleyball player.

"He was the Karasuno's ace," Nishinoya said which makes Hinata declare that he wanted to be an ace as well. Instead of being mad at the fact Hinata wanted to replace his friend, he was happy that the little one has that big of an ambition.

And he went on to talk about that actually being a libero has its advantage, and he is happy of being a libero, being the one who will get the match excited. Even though he only has the same one-brain cell as Hinata and Kageyama, but he sounds very cool with his simple yet inspiring speech to Hinata.

Although he is a simpleton that gets excited over the fact that his kouhai call him senpai, he was a great listener and a great senpai who makes one feels better about themselves who has doubt of not being good enough. 

Nishinoya offers himself for locking the gym door since it's the least he can do for the team he said, so you wait for him as you would like to have a word with him. "[Last Name]-chan, you aren't going home yet? Let's walk home together!" He said as he puts the keys in his pocket. 

"That was a cool speech you said back then." He blushes at the compliment and scratches his head in embarrassment. "You think so too? Two meat buns for you as your senpai." He said while looking at the ground. "No need, I should treat you instead. Thank you for reassuring Hinata."

He looks at you with his head slightly tilted upwards since you're taller than him, the light pink was painted on his cheek as your value of friendship has touched his heart. "Ah, that's alright! It's what senpai should do anyway." You glance at him for a while and turn to the front, he was a nice senpai you thought.

"I have taken an interest in you, Nishinoya-senpai."

"Eh?"