2 | most undignified, indeed

S1E1diamond of the first water

S1E1
diamond of the first water

S1E1diamond of the first water

I STEP OUT OF the carriage, and spot Lady Danbury near the entrance, a gentleman with her. I walk towards them, and Lady Danbury spots me.

"Ah, Miss Bridgerton." She greets.

"Lady Danbury." I reply, and courtesy.

"Your Grace, meet Miss Bridgerton." Lady Danbury tells the man. "Miss Bridgerton, this the the Duke of Hastings, I do believe your brother and him were acquainted at Oxford."

"Your Grace." I turn to the Duke, and courtesy, and he nods.

"What brings you to my doorstep, Miss Bridgerton?" Lady Danbury questions me. "Have you already finished the last book I gave you."

"I do believe so, Lady Danbury." I tell her, as I show her the book. "It has been a terribly boring few days, with this as my only source of entertainment."

"Fear not, we shall find you another one of those, in just a moment, after I finish speaking to the Duke." She tells me. "You might even want to take an extra one for that sister of your, Eloise."

"That would be most wonderful, Lady Danbury." I tell her with a smile.

She turns to the Duke again.

"As you know, I'm to host a ball this evening." Lady Danbury says.

"Yes." The Duke nods.

"I have managed to keep the details of your return quiet." Lady Danbury continues. "But when those vulgar mamas discover that there is an eligible duke, present at tonight's fete, I shall be able to keep such a secret no longer."