Chapter 20: Nightmares

Xavier busted in through the door beside me immediately baring his teeth at the man holding me. Another guard took the wolf that had Cecilia and threw him over to us, hitting both the rogue and I.

His teeth left my body as he tried to regain his balance. I took advantage of the moment and in a second got on top of him and bit his neck with all the force I could muster.

"Emma" Xavier yelled at me coming closer but I glared at him. Teeth tasting blood. I wasn't myself in this moment and I could feel it.

Emily was in full on defense mode and she was mad, we were mad.

The wolf tried to run away and that's when I really didn't think, I just wanted revenge. I moved my head with a lot of force, ripping a big chunk of his neck out. He will bleed out in seconds.

I did that, I killed him. 

"Wow you really thought that could stop me you dumb bitch" The man I just supposedly killed "stood before me, wiping the blood off his neck that was already cured. 

I quickly walked away from him as he took in the shock expression that I had on. He responded with the biggest smirk I had ever seen. He cleaned his bloody hands with the walls before walking slowly towards me. 

It felt like I wasn't moving but I was trying, oh how I was trying. 

"How?" I managed to ask, my breathing feeling ragged.

"Oh darling you're too dumb for your own good" He said before my back was pressed against the wall and his hands were wrapped firmly against my throat, literally squeezing the life out of me.

I tried to scream but my voice was swallowed by his hands, I tried to do everything I could to get out. I tried to kick, scratch, bite and even punch him but I failed every time, it was like he was untouchable. 

At one point I just gave up, my body couldn't continue fighting so I stopped, I let him kill me. 

"Emma!" Someone shouted making me take a gasp of breath in between his rough hands. 

"Emma, wake up!" I heard Xavier's voice echo in my mind. It kept on going long enough for me to actually wake up. 

I opened my eyes to see my beautiful mate towering over me with so much concern in his face that I actually felt bad for worrying him. "Are you okay?" He asked brushing my hair out of my face. 

"Yeah I'm sorry if I woke you up it was just a nightmare" I sat up and that's when I noticed the opened water bottle in his hands. "Were you going to throw that on me?" 

He chuckled nervously before trying to hide the bottle on the floor but I had already saw him. "What would make you say that?" Yeah he was obviously guilty and he knew I know. 

I rolled my eyes before trying to find a more comfortable position, leaving him a place beside me so he could sat down. He didn't move from being on top of me which didn't allow me to move. 

"You're still on top of me" I stated trying to wiggle him free but he was stronger than me. He only smirked at me followed by a wink as he laid completely on top of me, covering my body. 

"You're too heavy Xavier" I groaned out but he just gasped like he was offended. 

"What did you just say to me?" Oh god, he's using that tone again.

"Nothing, your alpha ears are playing tricks on you" I tried to play it off but I could tell it wasn't working. 

He raised his arms with his fingers curled and I braced myself for what was coming. His fingers dug themselves into my sides, tickling me almost out of the bed.