Chapter 26

Charlottes PoV

"I don't think your child will live"

Those words were on repeat in my head. I hadn't even known that I was pregnant, we hadn't been trying. But now that my child was inside of me, I loved them like I'd know them years.

Adam had brought me home from the hospital. There was nothing they could do for me other than monitor me. I didn't want that.
We walked into the house and found Liam and Lulu in the living room.
Lulu immediately came towards me with her arms open. "Are you feeling better?"
I knocked her arms out of my way and headed up the stairs.
I could hear Adam apologising for me and then following me up the stairs.
Locking myself in the bathroom, I sat on the floor and curled up in a ball against the door.
I lay there sobbing. Adam knocked on the door calling my name but I ignored him. My heart ached. It hurt so much, I didn't know how to deal with the pain.

I opened my eyes to the sun shining in through the window. I must have fallen asleep on the floor.
Adam wasn't in the bedroom when I went back in so I got changed and got ready. I tied my hair up out of the way, incase I was sick again. I felt like I could be every moment.
I went downstairs and my eyes widened as I found Adam had a guy pinned up against the wall by his throat. The poor guy was very lanky and looked like he couldn't breathe.
"How dare you" Adam growled "you have one job and you failed"
"Adam let him go" I pleaded with him.
Adam didn't acknowledge me but after a few more tense seconds he dropped the guy on the floor. "Get out of my pack before I do something I regret. You're banished"
The guy scrambled out of the door as fast as he could and ran for the border, clearly frightened for his life.
"What was that?" I quizzed
"He has a child on the way, which he knows about, and has left his wife for another woman. Said he wants nothing to do with his child. Who does that?"
Anger was clear on Adams face, but I could see he was hurting.
"Adam" I moved forwards and hugged him "unfortunately it happens."
He relaxed in my arms.
"I'm sorry I shut you out last night. You're hurting as much as I am and we should get through this together" I apologised.
Adam hugged me tighter. "I love you Charlotte"
I smiled and looked at him. "I love you too"