~38~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

Thor and I arrived in Asgard, back in 2013, standing outside the prison cells.

It looked the same.

Thor began walking, and I quickly reacted, grabbing his arm and pulling him back to me.

"What?" He asked, and I pointed to the door.

"Loki is in there."

Thor looked in Loki's direction, turning to face me.

"I want to see him." My brother said, making me sigh.

"I do, too."

"We have more important things to do though, don't we?" Thor asked, and I nodded, my heart plummeting at the thought of how badly we wanted to see Loki.

In turn, how badly he might want to see us.

"Yes, we do." I said, patting Thor reasuringly on the shoulder.

"Maybe we can see him on the way out."

"I'd like that." Thor said, and I nodded in agreement.

"I'm sure Loki would, too."

We walked away from the cells, stopping behind a pillar once we saw exactly who we were looking for.

"There's Jane." Thor whispered, and I looked at him, taking note of his nervous composure.

"Alright, I can tell you're nervous, so let's make this quick, okay brother?" I asked, and he nodded rapidly.

"Here's what we'll do, you'll charm her or distract her, and I'll poke her with this thing." I said, pulling out the device Tony gave me.

"I'll extract the Reality Stone and get going, simple." I finished, but Thor shook his head.

"I'll be right back, okay?"

"No, where are you going?" I asked, and Thor pointed down the hallway.

"There's a wine cellar, that's just down there."

"I know, Thor. Our father used to fish huge barrel of ale." I said, making my brother start walking in that direction.

"I'll see if the cellar has a couple of-" He started, but I cut him off.

"Brother, aren't you drunk enough already?" I asked, but before he could belch out a response, the door behind us opened.

We quickly his behind the pillar again, and I tried to contain my emotions when I saw Frigga walk out the door.

Our mother.

She dies today.

"It's our mother." Thor whispered, and I look at him.

"Don't say it." I warned him quietly, and he looked devastated.

"She dies today."

"I know, brother, but we need to do this, and we need to do it now." I said, trying to stay strong for him, but I could see him start to spiral.

"I can't do this, I can't do this." Thor rambled, and I shook my head, grabbing his hand.

"I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have come. This was a bad idea."