1 - My life

Alesa Romano/Smith
------
(Edited)

Today again, I woke up with pain in my ribs, last night like was every other night in my life. I once used to be a person with dreams and imagination but it all faded when i realised that this is going to be my life until i die. Sometimes, i do wish that i had a normal teenager life, going to parties, having sleepovers, sometimes sneaking out and finally a set of parents, who love me, cares for me.

I have a sister who is also my older twin, she have a life totally opposite of mine, I can say that she's the favourite child of out parents, She's the child who'll get new clothes and love of our parents. While she gets pampered i get the beating and I'm not sure if she knows about the abuse and the physical assault done to me almost everyday from the men who is our step father, also to mention our dear biological mother knows about this and yet kept quiet on it. Last night was one of the night where again that monster touched me and forced things on me. At this point I've even lost the count of it happening to me.

Looking around the walls of the place which i call my room, the walls are covered with pictures of my childhood, A childhood where things were alright, where i was still innocent. A picture caught my eye, it was my favourite picture where my twin, Alexa was giving a kiss to our mom on her left cheeks while our mom had her hands wrapped around both of our shoulder looking at me smiling. This picture was clicked by out stepfather on our trip to the amusement park. There was another picture of me and my stepfather where he was giving me a piggy back ride because i was tired of walking. I miss my old family.

Silly me, I did not introduced myself, I am Alessa Smith, younger twin of Alexa Smith. We are 14 years old and have a total opposite life.

I glanced at the wall clock hanging at the right wall of my room, it was 6:00am, I quickly yet careful showered and cleaned my body to forget the image of the man strainging my hand last night. After a shower from the cold water because apparently i don't deserve the hot water in the cold weather, I cleaned the newly added wounds i put on a sweater and leggings which was given to me by Alexa a few months back, I also did a light makeup to covers the marks and bruises on my face then i brushed my hairs and put them into a messy bun before going downstairs to the kitchen and make breakfast for me and my parents. I cut a apple for me for the breakfast, I don't usually eat much because i have a really small appetite also, I eat once in two days because my parents think i should loose weight. I made a few pancakes for them before leaving for school.

Our parents arent Richie rich but they are not poor either, We are a middle class family. My twin, she doesn't live with us she wanted to join a luxurious private school for going to a better college while i would serve all of them as a maid.

The school wasn't that far, it was a 10 min walking from where we are currently living, As usual i kept my daze Down as i walked into the school till i reached my locker. I collected the books for my first class, History. After entering the classroom, i made my way to the empty seat which was the 3rd bench in row 2. After a few minutes the teacher walked in asking for our homeworks, I did do my homework but as soon as I was done with the work, i got a really bad beating because i didn't complete the laundary at time and i forgot to put the book back in the bag.

"Ms Smith, where is your homework?" She asked, coming to my desk looking there's no book in from of me.

"I'm extremely sorry, Ms Williams, I forgot it at home" I apologised sincerely

"Detention after school, Ms Smith" She punished, I simply nodded before sitting back on my seat.

Once the History class finished i continued my day until lunch, Like everyday i went to the back of the cafeteria where there were not much people, i grabbed an apple from my bag which i always bring for lunch and ate. Once i finished eating the only apple i got with me i left the cafeteria but much to my dismay i hardly bumped into someone and fell backwards on my but, I hissed slightly rubbing my butt when i looked up to see a few popular boys of the school.  There have been rumours that these boys are connected with a gang so everyone is scared of them.

He smirked looking down at me, Watch where you are going, Nerd"  Him along with his friends started laughing at me hysterically

"I am sorry" I quickly apologized trying to get up but he pushed me down again with his left hands

"You should be" One of the guys said from them and soon tears filled my eyes, they always bully me, this is not the first time. I always try to hold back my tears in front of them but i end up crying, always.  "Oh, the nerd wants to cry?" Another one asked mockingly

A tear filled down my eyes when the boy who pushed me pulled a strand of my hairs, looking at him the other 3 started doing the same, once they were satisfied with bullying me they left. Honestly, I was pretty used to this. This is nothing in compared to what i go through at house, everyday.

My rest of the day went by it was now the time for detention, detention means going home late which means i won't get beaten so early but when I'll reach home late, they'll hurt me more as i was late and second, the food won't be ready on time. I wish sometimes, the time stops whenever I'm at school so that i could get saved from their wrath, but school is another hell but still better than the place i call, home.

Once the detention was over i collected my stuff , placed it in the locker then left for the house, it was almost dark outside i could see a few drunk men passing by, i tried leaving the place as soon as possible but i accidentally made an eye contact with one of them, I started walking fast as i could feel him walking behind me and not before realising what was happening i was running with the men chasing me, He almost caught me but i threw a stone at him and ran towards the park which was not really far from my current location. I don't know for how long i hid there but i could say i was really late and today will be the worst night of my life.

It felt like an hour since I've hidden under the bench at the children's park, Slowly looking around i came outside because it was time i should probably head back to the house, I ran towards the house as fast as i could only to find out the police officers surrounding the house, it looked like a murder scence.

Pushing my way through the crowd i finnally mamgaged to get inside the house, I saw two officer were clicking the pictures of the the house and other stuffs. I made way towards them, "Hello, May i know who you are?" I asked with a very little voice. I really can't talk to new people, i have social anxiety.

"Hello, I'm officer Jonas, Who you might be?" He asked politely

"It's my parents house, I live here"

"Alexa Smith?" he asked

"That's my twin sister, I'm Alesa" I introduced myself "Where are my parents sir?" I asked politely

"Yes, I need to tell you both something about them, Could you call her?" The officer asked to which i let him know that Alexa doesn't stay with us, she is at her dorm

"Alright then" He called waved over to a lady who was talking to another officer. I looked at the lady confused but she smiled at me, In return and not be rude, i smiled back at her.

"Hello, Alesa?" She asked

"Yes, that's me"

"I'm Mrs Jonas, I'm your social worker"

"Social worker? Where are my parents?" I asked

----------

Authors note:
Hello peeps! I hope you'll enjoyed the first chapter! English isn't my first language so please bear with it, I'll promise to give my best.

Also, thanks for giving my book a chance. Mwah!