IV. LIGHTS & COPY

EPISODE 1: DIAMOND OF THE FIRST WATERCHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4. LIGHTS AND COPY

 LIGHTS AND COPY

It has reached my ears that Mr. Colin Bridgerton shall be awarded the year's grand prize when he sweeps Miss Thompson off her pretty little slippered feet. In other news, a most peculiar suitor for Miss Daphne Bridgerton has emerged.

"OUR BOX, MAMA." DAPHNE asks, as we enter the Oprah house.

"Lady Bridgerton!" Lady Danbury call out. "Do join us."

Mama drags both of us to her and the Queen.

"Your Majesty, good evening." Mama greets her. "You must remember my daughter, Daphne and Diana."

"Yes." The Queen replies, bored. "She made quite an impression... however fleeting it may have been."

She then walks off, leaving us with Lady Danbury.

"I would like to welcome you both
to my box this evening." She tells us, and Mama tries to say something, but gets cut off. "I insist."

We all make our way to Lady Danbury's box. Daphne and I sit at the front, while Mama and Lady Danbury sit at the back, and unknown to us, they both were having a rather important conversation, that we couldn't hear.

"The duke is quite fond of gooseberry pie." Lady Danbury tells Lady Bridgerton.

"The very dish my cook is renowned for." Lady Bridgerton replies, with a smile.

"And you also might want to invite a Mister Louis Barnes." Lady Danbury tells her. "He has taken a rather keen interest in reading, since Miss Diana's last visit."