26.

"I'm not so fine, but fine now," muttered Jimin

"Did you have a nightmare?"

Jimin only nodded so Jungkook's loving hug around him tightened.

"You should have woken me up, I would have made it all ok again with kisses."

Jimin nodded again cuddling into Jungkook's body, feeling the heaviness of the past becoming bearable.

"I had seen my mum dying in my dream, it hasn't happened for a long time but it came back. They cut her tail off first, they definitely wanted to torture her," Jimin's voice cracked when Jungkook's arms around him began to tremble.

"What people have done to hybrids isn't right and I wish I could change..." Jungkook sighed.

"How have your parents died Jungkook? Where do you come from, I know nothing about your past," Jimin looked up to see a shadow crossing Jungkook's face.

"I don't remember... I hit my head so I have just... indefinite scraps of memories... I only know I was raised up here by shaman Jin and the people of this village."

Jimin sighed feeling even more sorry for Jungkook, at least he remembered his mum clearly.

"What about your nanny, the fox hybrid you have told me about, you remember her?"

Jungkook let go off him combing his hair with his palms nervously.

"I only remembered her because of you, as she had the same eyes... I mean, I don't remember her eyes or the exact eye color, but I guess my mind is so obsessed with you it puts your eyes into my memory," Jungkook chuckled nervously sitting down next to him. "Hey, but no matter how difficult our past was remember that I'm here for you, no matter what, always," Jungkook caressed down his cheek.

"Why?" Jimin was watching his face barely able to breath from anxiety.

Jungkook seemed to take ages just to analyze his features, his gaze lingering on his lips and he licked his own.

"Because you're my Jimin, my family," whispered Jungkook leaning in to press their lips together in a deep kiss.

Jimin was suddenly miles and miles above the stars because how lucky could a small hybrid like him be for beautiful courageous warrior Jungkook to consider him his family.

"Is he doing better?" Jungkook slipped into Jin's tenet stopping behind the shaman who was busy ordering some herbs on the long table.

"Grab the scissors," muttered Jin.

Jungkook sighed sitting down, wrapping his fingers around a bunch of freshly picked Havara Flowers, ones with smooth velvet petals. Their deep violet beauty was as captivating as dangerous, as they were known for hallucinative and poisonous properties, so he was cutting the stalks into mensurable pieces carefully to not to touch the petals.

How many nights had he spent in that tent training patience, how Jinwas calling those nonsense activities, breaking scissors and jars, kicking over furniture or yelling at Jin with all possible swear words. Patience was still his missing trait.

"His treatment isn't going well lately," Jin finally seemed to unknowledge Jungkook's existence.

"I need to return to battle, my commander needs me," Jungkook places the finely cut stalks into a glimmering phial.

"So go."

"I can not leave Jimin, he will not survive it."

"Why do you care so much, he's just a hybrid?" Jin's clever eyes seemed to read deeper then he wished to show.

"I'm waiting till the end of this week, no matter what happens we're setting off then," Jungkook threw the scissors on the table then walked off swiftly trying his best to stay calm.

His tent was empty, what he had noticed after entering a few minutes later, it meant Jimin was on the glade again seeking solitude. Jungkook's heart began to hammer uncontrollably.

Jimin has been so sad and distant lately, his eyes only cheering up into glitter whenever they were affectionate, the rest of the days he could see his fox sulking around. Wasn't it since that stupid magician has appeared? Jungkook's blood boiled, his fists clenched by themselves, so he stormed back into Jin's habitat.

"I'm really surprised you decided to finish what you've started," Jin raised his brow pointing at the Havara flowers. "Patience has never been your strength boy."

"It's your highness for you," hissed Jungkook so shocked with his own words.

Jin opened his mouth then closed it again when Jungkook sat back taking the scissors cutting the stalks with impact.

"You have to be careful with those boy," Jin emphasized the last word.

"Can Havaras poison a king," Jungkook looked up to keep his stare.

"Kings aren't immortal, besides you can be born from royal blood, but it takes way more to become a king."

Jungkook's ponding heart must have been noisy, because how couldn't it be?

"I wanted to ask you to bring that filthy magician back and give him the initiation ritual."

"With a magician it's pretty similar as with a king, you can be born with powers but it takes a lot more to be worthy to receive the ritual."

Jungkook slammed the scissors against the table top with such force they broke in half.

"Patience," muttered Jin chuckling to himself.

Jungkook's bit his lips, he could yell, scream, demolish Jin's tent again, yet what would it bring.

"Please let that bitch get the ritual," whispered Jungkook reaching for the additional scissors cutting the stalks with greater care.

"Why would I give the ritual to someone unworthy?"

Thank you so much for your support. Did you like the chapter? What do you think about Jungkook not being honest with Jimin about his past and his conversation with Jin? Will Jin agree to give Taehyung the ritual?

Much <3