twenty seven

"okay!" meredith clapped her hands together, facing the group on the couch. "i think it's time for the q&a, folks. we should try to do this in one take so i don't have to edit it a ton later."

wilbur snorted, "lazy ass."

"oh, like you edit your own videos!" she retorted, making a face at him. "okay, come on people, line up on the couch so you're all in frame! this video is going on my channel since i have the most clout and i'll mention you all in the description so you can mooch off my clout."

"stop acting like techno, please." clay said, moving to sit next to her behind the camera. "it's scary, honestly."

"what, you're intimidated by him?" she teased, tilting her head at him.

"no, i'm not intimidated by him!" he protested.

she leaned forward with a smirk on her face. "so you're intimidated by me, is what i'm hearing."

"for the love of god, please get on with the video." will complained, hitting the couch pillow in impatience.

"okay, okay! and...recording!" everyone sat up a little straighter, smiling and waving at the camera. "hello, folks! we are gathered here today to celebrate the matrimony of dream and george—"

"woah, woah, woah." george interrupted her. "today, we're here to do a q&a on pumpkin's channel since she insists we have to do it for her."

"not for me, but for my clout! come on, you don't want my clout?" she asked, her online personality coming out.

"not really." george laughed.

she rolled her eyes, "liar. okay, hello, i'm pumpkin, as you can probably tell." she waved her hand in front of her camera, showing off her ring collection and orange painted nails. "c-dream is behind the camera with me, say hi dream."

"hi dream!" he said, copying her motions and waving his hand in front of the camera.

"we might be popping in and joining the group later if we can figure out some fucking way to cover our faces, but for the most part, we'll just be talking from here. okay, the gang from left to right on the couch is: wilbur soot, nihachu, tubbo, tommyinnit, sapnap, and georgenotfound. you all probably know them, especially since they've been stealing my fame for the past few years. cough, will."

"hey! i agreed to do a q&a, not to be attacked." he yelled, waving his arm around in the air.

she laughed, "yeah, okay. so, i tweeted out a thing two days ago or so, asking you all for questions. here, future me will put up a screenshot right now, do your thing future me." suddenly, her phone started buzzing on the kitchen island. she groaned, getting up and declining it.

"karl just facetimed me. well, i needed to get to twitter anyway to read some questions." she opened the app, seeing on the trending page that 'mer pumpkin' was trending. she was confused, tapping on it and seeing a tweet of karl's that went viral. it was a screenshot of the facetime decline screen showing up, and her contact name on karl's phone was 'mer pumpkin'.

"my god." she said, scrolling through the numerous tweets tagging her. because he set it as mer instead of her full name, fans were taking turns guessing her name, ranging from meranda to mercedes in her tagged tweets.

everyone else saw her staring at her phone, confused, and pulled out theirs as well. they saw the viral tweet and began laughing, all replying to karl. clay in particular was laughing the hardest, almost falling off of the small bench he and meredith were sat on.

"hah!" he exclaimed. "he leaked your name the exact same way he did mine!"

"seriously?" she asked, dumbfounded. he nodded, showing her a screenshot he had of karl's tweet a few months back having clay's contact as 'clay dream'. she shook her head, opening a new tweet in preparation to absolutely flame karl.