Chapter Three

The cameras' flashing nearly blinded as you walk beside Elliot past the reporters.

"Mr.Diedrich! Is it true that this young girl is your daughter?" A recorder gets shoved in your adoptive father's face.

Elliot suddenly stops forcing you to do the same, however, you grab into his arm in nervousness.

"Indeed, I have adopted (Y/n) yesterday"  the blond answers politely with a fake smile, as he pats your head with his free hand.

"So, it is true that you cannot have children, sir?" you look at Elliot whose smile hasn't flattered for even a second at the question.

"I don't see any difference between adopting and having a biological child, both need ultimate care and love" you almost wanted to throw up at the cringe-worthy lines.

With that Elliot starts walking again, dragging you along his side, as his guards clear the path for you and him.

You hear him mumble under his breath which you almost didn't hear.

"Back off, peasants" 

You thought that the prideful rich people only existed in movies and stories, but Elliot proved yoy wrong.

"Please wait, Mr.Diedrich!"

"We have many questions to ask you!"

You let out a gasp when one of the paparazzi suddenly seize your wrist.

Before even the bodyguards could take action, the CEO grasps the reporter's wrist which is holding yours, making everyone go silent.

"I would be happy if you remove your hand off my daughter or do you want to rot in jail for harassing her?" the man quickly obeys, and lets go of your delicate wrist.

Elliot rushes you to the car, before gently shoving you inside of it and getting in himself, one of the guards closes the door.

"Are you ok?" Elliot takes hold of your hand, inspecting it to see any bruising.

Unfortunately, there is a red line from the hard grasp, something that displeased your father greatly.

"That filth touching what is mine so carelessly" you raise an eyebrow at him.

"What is yours? I didn't know I'm property of yours" Elliot rolls his eyes.

"What I meant is that you are my daughter therefore I own you" you sigh, leaning back in the car seat.

"You don't have to remind me every second of my life that I'm your daughter, I get it" Elliot narrows his eyes at you.

"Stop it with this attitude or do you want to get punished, I'm pretty sure you won't like my punishments." You gulp at his threat, feeling shivers up and down your spine.

"Where are we going right now?"  you change the subject, to get rid of the tension in the air.

"Take us to the hospital, Lucas" he orders the driver.

"As you wish, sir"

"To the hospital? Why?" Elliot stares at you as if you have grown two heads.

"Obviously to treat your wound" you look at your wrist then back at him with a baffled experission.

"Wound?"

                                       -------------

"I assure you that there is no wound, the red line around the wrist will disappear soon, Mr.Diedrich" the doctor assures the rich man who glares at him.

"Told you so, Papa" you exclaim, but he ignores you, and focuses all his attention on the doctor 

"It looks like a wound to me, so you better treat it right now, or do you wish to get fired?" Doctor Samuel coughs nervously.

"I think there is an ointment to treat this" the doctor stands up to go and get the ointment.

Once he is out of hearing distance, you turn your attention to Elliot.

"You didn't have to threaten him, he said the truth, you know" you utter out, looking down at your shoes.

"Shut up, you don't know anything about your well being, I'm doing what is good for your health" you are alarmed by his crude response.

Samuel returns back with the ointment, interrupting the conversation between you and Elliot.

Before the doctor could use it on you, Elliot snatches away the medical lotion and opens it.

"Give me your hand" you obey moving your bruised wrist forward into his free hand.

The cool substance against your sensitive skin gave you goosebumps.

"You have nice and soft skin..." he whispers.

"Just like mine and hers"

You frown slightly, noticing that Elliot is lost in his thoughts, mumbling what is on his mind.

"Umm...who is her?" Your question pulls him out of his thoughts quickly.

"Nobody, absolutely nobody"

Once he finished applying the ointment, you two leave the hospital.

----------

The whole car ride to the company is spent in silence, Elliot is looking through pdf files using his tablet while you are just looking out of the window, with clear boredom.

You are not lazy or anything, but going to many places is stressing you out and making you uncomfortable.

"Did you really have to bring me with you to the company?" You follow after him out of the car.

"I just wanted to spend time with you as any good father should do" 

You two enter the company side by side, every employee stops what they are doing and greet your father politely, however they don't receive a greeting back.

Some employees stare at you strangely, wondering why their strict boss would bring a girl with him to work, not knowing that you are actually his adopted daughter.

"Good morning, Sir" Leo appears in front of you and Elliot, holding a hot cup of black coffee that your father takes from him.

"Is there any meeting today, Leo?" The blond inquires, taking a sip from his coffee as the three of you enter his office"

"No sir, nevertheless, we have tons of paperwork that needs to be handled today, especially the new investment contracts"  Leo explains, watching his supervisor sit behind his desk.

"Did Ingrid state why she didn't attend yesterday's meeting?" the dark-haired man sighs.

"Her aunt passed away" Elliot scoffs.

"Inform her that she is fired, I don't want to see her face again" your mouth almost drops in shock at the cruelty of the situation.

"Understood, sir" 

And like this, Leo takes his leave, leaving you alone with your father in the office.

"Don't you think this decision is a bit cruel?" 

Elliot blinks at you for a few seconds then his lips quirks upwards, forming a smirk.

"Do you honestly think I care? A quick lesson, you need to separate your personal life from your work" you raise an eyebrow at him.

"So, if you die then I should still go to work on the same day of your death, is this your point?" He chuckles, finding your words quite amusing.

"No, that is not my point, and this can never happen, you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because you are the employer, while they are the employees, you are the one who decides what is alright and what is not" Elliot leans back in his expensive rolling leather chair.

"Just like me being your father, I'm the one who decides what is good for you and what is not, sweetheart"