eight

"Get away from me you son of a-"

"This would be a whole lot easier if you would jus-"

Mando was cut off abruptly as he toppled to the floor, metal clanging from the impact of Kasia's kick as he hit the ground. He grunted slightly at the impact, but Kasia couldn't have cared less as she groaned over the pain in her shoulder.

The wound was a bloodied mess, the initial surface injury made worse by the continued use of the arm after the blast. And Mando, it seemed, was intent on cauterizing the wound using an electric shock from his rifle. Because that made perfect sense and seemed completely safe.

From where he was sprawled on the ground, the Mandalorian sighed in irritation and tilted his head back to lay flat on the floor of the ship. "As I already told you," came his exasperated words a moment later, "you've already lost a lot of blood, and it's only going to get worse. The tourniquet helped a bit, but any good it did was pretty much blown to shit the moment you started shooting with your left arm again."

Wow, he's pretty chatty today. I'm not sure if he's ever said that much at once before, she thought as she stared at where he sat on the floor. First time for everything I suppose.

"Well sorry if I was a little too preoccupied with not dying in that particular moment to worry about not dying later," she retorted as Mando slowly sat up. A cooing sound suddenly drew her attention away from the armored bounty hunter, and she watched silently as the child waddled his way over to where Mando sat on the floor, an expression akin to worry strewn across his wrinkled face.

Okay, now that's adorable, she couldn't help but admit as the baby alien slowly raised a tiny hand to rest on the bounty hunter's armored side and tilted his head. Kasia watched as the Mandalorian slowly picked up the child and cradled him in his lap for a moment, before rising to his feet.

Mando sighed and lifted his gaze to meet Kasia's. "At least let me take off the bloodied makeshift tourniquet and put on a real bandage with medicine."

At the words, Kasia raised an eyebrow, any prior aggression melted away by the heartwarming sight of Mando with the child. Her usual smirk flitting across her features, "Is that worry I detect in your voice, Mandalorian?" she asked teasingly. "I must say I'm rather touched."

"Unfortunately, the bounty on your head stipulates that to receive the full reward you must be alive when I deliver you to the client. Still, if you insist on refusing my help, do whatever you so please—I get paid either way," came his response a moment later.

The words were cold and uncompromising, yet... "You know, your menacing response is made a lot less intimidating by the fact that you are in fact cradling a child in your hands as you say it," she pointed out, a bemused smile gracing her lips. "Nevertheless," she conceded, "I will allow a bandage and minimal first aid. But no cauterizing the wound with an electric rifle shock!"