Chapter 34

Drama!!! Not proof read.

**

Camila follows Lauren through the front door of the house with her gaze focused firmly on her feet. She didn't mean for it to happen. Really. She didn't. Her family were just...too much right now. They kept questioning her; pushing her into answering their stupid questions and she'd snapped. She'd lashed out and had lost her temper.

(Well, if storming out of the house and going missing for three hours was just simply 'losing her temper' she wouldn't even be in this situation, so maybe she'd call it...an overreaction.)

An overreaction that had put her in major trouble but in her defence it had happened with no warning.

It had came out of nowhere so as well as shocking her family and Lauren, it had also shocked herself too.

And Lauren knew this. She knew the girl was just overwhelmed and didn't do well with being pushed out of her comfort zone. The storming out incident would just have been another pause to her day, something she would have accepted, scolded the girl for and moved on, but her disappearing act for two whole hours was just one step too far and she knew she had to do take action to avoid something like this happening for a third time.

Sighing, she drops herself down onto the couch and points opposite, a silent command for the girl to sit.

At first, she appears to hesitate, but thankfully one stern glance her way causes her butt to land on the couch almost quicker than light.

But now that she was here, she didn't know what to say. Camila had scared her half to death, and whilst she knew she should pull her over her knee, she couldn't find it in her to do so.

So she simply sits and stares, her mind drifting back to this morning before she had dropped her off at her parents house.

Camila was upset at having to leave her. She had warned the mother that she was extremely deep in her headspace and didn't feel comfortable leaving her today, but she didn't have a choice due to the fact she had to go to work to make a living.

And it's not like Camila liked being away from her any day of the week anyway so what was the difference?

Running a hand through her hair, she brings her focus up to the anxious teen opposite.

"Why?" Was all she was able to get out, her tone surprisingly soft for the amount of trouble Camila knew she should be in.

The smaller girl sniffles with a small shrug. She really didn't know.

"You know I had to leave work three hours earlier than expected for this little stunt right?" Lauren starts, her voice becoming stern, "this is the second time in less than a month you decided to pull a silly stunt like this, and for the life of me, I really can't figure out why, so please Camila, please feel free to spill"

Camila shifts uncomfortably desperately trying to avoid the woman opposites stern gaze, "I...I really don't know, I'm sorry" she feels her bottom lip once again beginning to tremble.

She wasn't lying. She really didn't know but right now she wishes she was able to come up with something just so the woman wouldn't be so disappointed in her.

"Okay...I'm tired and it's late so let's continue this conversation tomorrow, okay?" Lauren stands and holds out her hand.

The small girl freezes for a split second, but takes the offered hand in her own and allows herself to be guided up the stairs. A hand was pointed to the bed, and with no hesitation whatsoever she complies with the silent command trying her best to stop the tears.

"I'm sorry" she whimpers.

Lauren looks up from picking out a pair of pyjamas, "I know" she states softly, "I'm not mad at you, I just think we need to have a long talk tomorrow about how we can stop this from happening again" she makes her way over to the bed with a onesie and diaper in her grasp.

She sets them both next to the small frame on the bed, gently easing her back so she could slip of her pants. Her heart aches at the silent tears pouring from the young girls cheeks, but she refrains herself from giving into them as she needed just a few more minutes to herself.

It wasn't often she got overwhelmed enough to second guess this whole decision, but she knew this was definitely one of those said times by the amount of unfamiliar emotions running through her body.

"Hips up" she mumbles, taping the diaper securely to small hips once her words had been complied with.

Camila was soon ready for bed and was being tucked in. A simple kiss was pressed to her head along with a small, "goodnight" and the room was soon encased into darkness.

Oh.

She had really done it this time. There was no cuddles. No nursing or soothing. Nothing like before.

Tears burning in her eyes, she sits herself up and stares pleadingly at the closed door. She silently begs for her mama's return, that she'd come back in and comfort her, reassure her that while yes, she had made a mistake, she didn't hate her and wouldn't kick her out.

But nothing. Just silence.

She tries her best to stop the cries that were begging to escape, but it was no use as with no warning a heartbreaking sob escapes her lips along with another, and another and another.

The fact the woman needed a few minutes to herself didn't at all come to mind. She'd just jumped to the first conclusion she could think of.

Her mama hated her.

But Lauren, from her place just outside the door was pursing her lips to try and stop her own tears from falling.

She really didn't know what to do.

The cries appear to gain volume, and before she could stop herself she pushes open the door and was met with the sight of an almost hysterical Camila.

Her face was red, mucous and tears covering her face and the moment trembling arms pleadingly reach out for her, she steps forward sitting herself down on the bed before pulling her close.

"I-I'm sorry mama. I'm-I'm sorry"

Lauren's tears do fall then. They pour steadily down her cheeks as she shifts the small frame properly onto her lap, "shhh baby, it's okay"

**

I love how I'm only good at writing drama lol. I'm sorry. Camila and Lauren will get a break eventually.

Anyway, tell me what you think and don't forget to vote!