F I F T Y T W O

August 31st, 1978

Today would be Madeline's last in-person OOTP meeting since she leaves for school the very next day. Minnie and Dumbledore swore to keep her up to date but her parents want her to focus on school and not worry about the war.

And so an hour or so after dinner everyone started to apparate into the big green room for the meeting. She took a seat between James and Frank. Before the meeting talked the three went on about quidditch.

"You're gonna be a brilliant captain this year, M." Frank assured her.

"You really are. You got to watch two great captains before you." James fed his own ego.

"I'm just nervous about finding new players. Half you losers won't be back this year." Madeline frowned.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. They have you after all." Frank smiled.

"And there are other talented players out there, they just haven't ever made the team before?" James said.

"Exactly because they aren't as good as you guys who are gone. Leaving me alone." Madeline said sarcastically.

"It'll be fine, M." Frank reassured her.

"Alright everyone if you'll please we will get on with this meeting," Minnie announced.

"As you are all aware Madeline won't be attending our future meeting given she will be at Hogwarts. We will be sure to update her weekly or as needed." Alastor started.

The adults went on discussing minor details and updates until it came to Dumbledores turn to speak. The real horrid news everyone was dreading to hear.

"Now as much as we all hate to hear it, what we expected to happen, is indeed happening now. The attacks on muggles and muggle-borns started last week. Most of the older adults are already aware of this, given it is also spreading around the ministry. The Aurors have been working on trying to retrieve the taken-"

He went on.

"Keyword: trying," Sirius mumbled just loud enough for the close friends to hear.

"At least they are trying." Remus told him.

"We didn't want to worry the younger of you. And parents also didn't want you guys to know yet, but Madeline-"

She looked up at him.

"-will be safe not only because she is pure blood but because she will be in Hogwarts. Those of you that have kids, I can assure you they will be most safe there."

She looked back down.

"What's wrong?" Frank whispered after bumping her shoulder with his.

"Nothing... it's just, the death eaters. Reg- I don't know." She looked back at Dumbledore who was still talking.

"-and some bodies have been found in numerous places. Since they are scattered we can't pinpoint where they will be. But again we will try our best and this is what this Order is for. To protect those who cannot protect themselves."

"We also aren't certain they aren't spying on all of us here. We advise you all to be extra careful with how you get about. Be cautious. Charm your homes. Make sure you are never followed here. Not only is this our meeting place but it is also the home to the Potters and three other young boys. If they tracked us here and attacked they'd be attacking a sacred home."

Madeline looked over at her brother and they shared the same sympathetic concerned look. She as well as the other boys all had their own talks with each other about their concerns for their own safety. Madeline and Sirius kept on their roof conversations. Moony and M talk while they (at least try to) read. Peter and her usually talk at every meal. And the siblings talk to each other about this every day, usually while in the living room.