✘1.47

The sleeves of her soft, oversized coat hung over her small hands, yawning with her covered palm over her mouth

Softly, her footsteps progressed through the bustling noisy halls and she made sure to flash a genuine small smile to anyone she made eye contact with.

Pushing open the large cafeteria door, her eyes situated on the floods of students roaming the vast hall- catching sight of Chenle who was laughing with the two other Angels.

That was until their attentions fell to the opposite side of the cafeteria which lead outside to the field and benches to eat at.

Subconsciously, Jisoo followed their lit up expressions to straight ahead of her as she gripped the strap of her bag.

A figure stood by the door, the light sky and sun outside creating a gleaming hue onto him as he smiled at Chenle.

Heart plummeting down in shock, she gasped inaudibly, Chaerin calling his name with an excited wave.

Mark grinned his usual boyish, soft one and stood by the Demon's table as they all glared at him except the youngest girl who was more than happy to see him.

Jisoo's feet began to walk towards them in a state of shock and Mark's brows furrowed as his brown eyes scanned the table but there was no sight of the fallen.
"Where's Jisoo?" He asked confused as to the lack of her presence.

"Mark?"

There it was, her voice. It was the same as he remembered, the soft toned one that could make even the stoic of people crumble into a loving mess.

Mark tilted his head up, meeting the lit up face of Jisoo, eyes wide and she broke out into a smile when Mark turned towards her and welcomed her with open arms- literally.

It felt oddly nostalgic as soon as her arms wrapped around his torso, the warmth of his embrace reminding her of the time he would hug her as soon as her expression gave any inkling she was hurt.

Mark would panic seeing tears lining her honey brown eyes, bringing her into a hug and awkwardly patting her head however despite his attempts, it always did bring a smile on her face.

Renjun stared impassively with his inky black eyes which currently burned a piercing glare at the angelic figure.

"How have you been Ji?" Mark gazed at her, fully immersed into what she had to say as he had missed her presence.

"I've been good, really good! What about you? I haven't seen you in a long time, have you grown taller?" She rambled, raising her brow as she studied him and he laughed- ruffling her hair.

"I've been pretty busy honestly." He shrugged, the apples of his cheeks rounded as he smiled down at her. "But I wanted to come see you."

"How cringe." Renjun muttered distastefully, harshly reaching over to grab the apple from Chaerin's tray.