Ch. 1

Payton's POV

" Granny, I'm home from school." I yelled as I walked in the door.

" I'm in the kitchen baby." My grandma yelled.

I threw my backpack down. As I walked towards the sound of her voice, the smell of my grandmother's cooking quickly filled my nose.

" Ooooh, whatchu cooking?" I asked as I lifted one of the lids.

My grandma Sydney quickly slapped my hand causing me to put the lid back on.

" Chile, what I done told ya bout doing that while the food cooking." She fussed.

" Well, if you just tell me what you cooking then I wouldn't have to." I laughed.

" Fried chicken, macaroni, collard greens, and corn bread."

" Yeah, I'm finna throw down. Do we got some hot sauce?" I asked.

" No, you gone have to go to the corner sto to get you some." She said turning off the stovetop.

I nodded my head, " Ok, I'll be right back."

I grabbed my gloves, and helmet walking out the house. I walked toward the back of house. I went to the shed unlocking it. I grabbed my dirt bike, and walked it out of the shed. I locked the shed back. I put on my gloves, and helmet. Then, I started my dirt bike, and took off flying down the street.

My name is Payton Legacy Miller. I'm 18 years old born and raised here in South Memphis, TN. I live with my grandma, but that's a story for another day. I'm not your typical girly girl, I'm a tomboy. I don't have any friends that I hang around or talk to on a day to day basis. I mean I've tried, but females be weird as fuck. So, I choose to not have friends. Besides, I think that's the best thing going for me because of the short temper I have.

As I pulled up to the sto. I parked my dirt bike putting it on the kick stand. It was like ya typical hood corner store. People just hanging out and chillin out in the front.

" Aye P, when you gone sell me that m'fer?" A random dude who was always at the sto asked me referring to my dirt bike.

I laughed, " Neva. You always asking me the same thing, and it's always the same answer. It's not fa sell and neva will be."

" You'll change ya mind one day, and until that day I'm gone keep asking." He said confidently.

I laughed and shook my head.

" Wassup, P."  The lil bad ass boys who always at the sto said standing up from shooting dice.

" Wassup, TJ, Zay, Byron." I said dapping them up.

" What y'all lil asses doing out hea gambling?" I asked em getting off my dirt bike.

" Shiiddd, you know we gotta get it some how." Zay said to me shrugging his shoulders.

Me and my granny struggling just as hard as anybody else, but I always felt the need to look out fa other people.

" Y'all wanna watch my bike fa me? I'll pay y'all." I said knowing they needed some money.

" Hell yeah!" Byron said quickly.

" Shiddd, fuck watching it! When you gone let me ride dis hoe?" TJ asked admiring my dirt bike.