82. THE OTHER TWO

82. THE OTHER TWO
( y'all can screenshot the spotify code above for the wedding playlist — curated by kyree 🌚 )

I N T R O D U C T I O N

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, INTRODUCING FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER — DR. AND MRS. WEST!"

The doors open and the wedding party enters, dancing to Celebration by KOOL and The Gang. Toni leads with Kendrick, Hally with Maddox, London with Chris, Kiara with Charlotte and Ezra, Elijah's dad.

And then, the married couple joins in, hands enclasped in the other's. Aliyah had changed into a looser, silk dress so she can remain comfortable for the entirety of the reception.

The crowd cheers, happy for the newlyweds that dance into the party. Aliyah hugs those who'd chosen to attend before heading to Kyree who was holding his nephew and dancing along with him to the music.

Kyree kisses his sister's cheek and hands over her son. Jordan, in turn, babbles happily at the sight of his mother and father. Immediately, he makes grabby hands towards Elijah, making Aliyah laugh.

As the couple make their way up to the table, Aliyah chuckles when Elijah pulls her back into his chest, his other hand occupied with his son's little body.

The two settle at the table, ready to get the night started.

T O A S T S

"ALRIGHT, LET ME START OFF by expressing all my love and joy for Aliyah and Elijah." Toni starts, as Maid of Honor. Jordan babbles loudly from bouncing on Elijah's lap to keep himself occupied. The crowd and Toni laugh, "You too, JJ. Okay, so Aliyah and I have been best friends for nine years — believe or not — and I have never seen her as happy as she is whenever she's with Elijah or talking about Elijah or even thinking about him. Y'all wondering how I know, but trust me, it's hard not to know." Everyone laughs. "No, but, for real. I can remember the first time she told me about him. He'd given her his number, and she didn't want to call." Aliyah drops her head into her hands with a chuckle while Elijah looked completely intrigued cause he hadn't heard this story before. Toni busts out laughing, "So she leaves me and Kyree in the house to go to a meeting, she comes back, and I'm like call him. Me and Kyree are there chanting like some cheerleaders and the next thing I know, this bi — sorry, woman — is calling me at nine in the morning about her falling asleep on the phone with him. Then there was this whole incident with me drunk calling him while he was in the middle of a surgery — but we don't have to talk about that." Elijah's coworkers laugh, knowing good and well what she's talking about. "Regardless, Elijah was a good sport about it, laughed it off, and called it a day. Even when Aliyah was going through hardships, he was always by her side, and even allowed me to sleep in his bed with her while he took the couch. This was before either of them admitted their feelings but I knew he loved her back then, and he loves her now. He makes my girl happy, and that's all that matters. Elijah, thank you for loving her with all your heart, mind, soul, and body."

The mic is handed to Kendrick who's sat beside Toni with his arm behind her chair. He kisses her before standing and pulling out a crumpled sheet of paper. Elijah chuckles, knowing good and well Kendrick is about to pull some shit.

"Lemme start off by saying that my boy, Elijah, bout whipped as hell." The crowd busts out laughing, "Just two months ago, he asked me to go with him to get a pedicure. First of all, duh, second of all — in the ten years my boy and I have known each other, he's never asked me to get a pedicure with him. Imma tell y'all right now, if y'all haven't gotten a pedicure before, please do cause that's just whew. Okay, back on topic." Lee laughs loudly as she falls back into her husband. Kendrick continues, "In the time I've know Aliyah, she's become one of my best friends and like a sister to me. She's one of the kindest, most compassionate woman I've ever met. She brings donuts and coffee for the whole crew at least once a week, even when she got her own stuff going on. She makes it her mission to check on us because she knows that we don't always have the best of days as doctors." Aliyah pouts and holds her husband's hand, thinking about all the horror stories she's heard Elijah talk about from work. "She keeps such good company that I didn't even realize I was dating her best friend until the night of Toni's birthday party." He laughs, "Alright, one last thing because I know y'all are getting tired of my voice. Elijah and Aliyah deserve nothing less than the world and I'm beyond glad and amazed that they've become the people they are today. This is truly a love story for the ages."