⇢ CHAPTER 72

season 10 episode 2

"Hey," Holly greeted, walking inside Meredith's room, "have you guys seen--"

"You're alive?" Meredith frowned her eyebrows with a smile as she looked at the friends that forgot to inform her.

"Don't look at me," Alex defended himself, "I'm as surprised as you are." Glancing over at Holly, he placed an arm around her before he noogied her head, "Glad to have you back--"

"Ow, Alex!" Holly groaned, quickly escaping from his grasp as Cristina, who hid her relief from seeing her previous intern alive, and Meredith laughed, "Could you not just give me a hug like a normal person since I'm alive?"

"No." Alex smiled before Holly's pager beeped.

"Oh," Holly sarcastically hummed as she squinted at the man, "of course not."

"Glad to see you walking, Four!" Cristina called out with a chuckle.

Holly shouted back with a monotone voice upon hearing her old nickname, "Thanks!"

After giving a neuro exam to a patient, Holly walked off to find her boyfriend-- who was chasing after his mother, "Hey," She greeted as she walked alongside him, "I didn't know your mother came--"

"Webber's in surgery." Jackson informed, making Holly's face drop, "He was electrocuted in the basement and suffered a lot of internal bleeding and injuries-- Meredith's his next-of-kin and decided to put him into surgery and that's about it, I was going to tell you on our date but my mom's here now... but you already knew that..." He frowned his brows as Holly stood frozen, "Holl?"

"I, um," Holly blinked, attempting to clear her mind as she thought back to the fact that Webber had been one of the doctors who was there for her when George passed, had noticed her sadness and never pulled her aside for a conversation like many others tried, "h-he was always there for me when G-George passed and now I just feel like--"

"You want to help but can't?" Jackson provided, making Holly nod, and with a sigh, he looked at his mother and spoke, "Yeah, me, too."

As the couple looked at Catherine, an idea popped in both of their minds before they looked at each other-- immediately sprinting after Catherine as they decided if they could not help the man himself, they could at least help her. 

"Huh," Catherine commented sarcastically as Jackson and Holly walked into the gallery, "there's a surprise for you."

Jackson took a step forward, "Mom--"

Owen glanced at the monitor, "Pressure's dropping. Is his dopamine maxed out?"

"--here's Holly!" Jackson smiled with enthusiasm, making Holly glance back at him as his mother continued to stare straight ahead.

"That was your 'plan'?" Holly asked in a whisper, glancing up at her boyfriend with a quirked brow.