Chapter 41: Acts Of Kindness

Hey so quick side note before you read the chapter to clear up some confusion. Grayson is one of the boys she now sits with at school. His name was only briefly mentioned in the last chapter which is why some of you are confused. I'm sorry for the confusion, hope this clears it up!

Anyways, you can read now :)

***

I called Gabriel to find me Mason Taylor's address as soon as I left the Macaluso's. He was a little sceptical once he realised who this guy was, but I worked my magic and eventually got him to drop it. I've got to give this guy credit for the amount of shit he's overlooked for me.

Anyways, I'm now on the way to the place I should find Taylor. It's quite far out, on the other side of the city from us. I find that weird since the Starbucks he talked to me in was pretty far from where he supposedly lives. And considering he called that his 'territory', he must really think that he owns the whole damn city. I find that quite amusing actually.

Eventually I pull up to my destination. It seems to be a smallish warehouse. How cliché.

As I look around, I notice a familiar car. Now what in the fuck is he doing here.

I pull up behind him and get out as he does the same. We walk towards each other and meet in the middle of the two cars.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I question in an annoyed tone. He just leans against the back of his car, folding his arms over his chest.

I raise an eyebrow at his silence, "Well?" He stares at me a little longer before sighing, "Gabriel called me." What? I should've known he wouldn't let me walk into this alone.

"Great. Another man that underestimates me. Just perfect." I scoff, shaking my head. It's so frustrating, I get he wants to protect me but he wouldn't send back up for any of my brothers. It's just another sexist thing in this family.

"Look, he's cautious that's all. He is supposed to be in charge of making sure you don't get into trouble so he's just doing his job." Jaxon tries to reason with me. I look down sighing.

"I've not got time for this. Stay, leave, I don't care but you're not coming in with me. You're not a part of this." I say as I walk past him.

"Call me if you need me." He calls after me.

"Unlikely." I reply not turning around. Of course, he still thinks I won't be able to handle this. That is the exact reason we don't work.

I walk with confidence, my head held high and my mafia side taking over. Being intimidating is the only way I'll get any information out of these fuckers.

As I turn the corner, I find a door. I'm about to just walk in when it opens to reveal a big guy glaring down at me. "Can I help you?" He asks gruffly. I keep a stoic face, "I'm here to see Mason Taylor."

He narrows his eyes turning around to look at a few guys sitting around on sofa's, "Any of you recognise her?". I look at him with a bored expression as the others look me up and down, before they all shake their heads. I've already determined that none of them are Mason.

"I did say Mason Taylor, right?" I ask the big guy in fake confusion. He just nods obviously, "Yes". In a second my cold demeanour is back, "Then what the fuck are you asking them for? Clearly he's not there." He looks a little taken back at my hostility. His arm moves slightly to shut the door. Coward.

I use my foot to block the door from moving any further, then shove it fully open. The guy looks like he's about to either hit or shove me. Too bad I'm quicker and have him on the ground without a second thought. "Don't waste my fucking time again." I step over him and walk towards the men on the sofa, who are now looking wide eyed at me.