[46] Touch and Go

"Oi Freecss, are you paying attention?"

Blinking a few times, you answered candidly while looking in Aizawa's eyes. "Ah, no. Not really."

He huffed, rubbing the bridge of his nose and looking as if the only thing he wanted to do right now was to strangle you into oblivion. You didn't even blame him, honestly. Ever since you had arrived at the summer training camp, you had been feeling weird. Listless. It was to be expected - you had to leave Gon and the others back in Musutafu, as they all believed that the League and Pariston were in cahoots to cause chaos while you were gone.

Why would they wait until you were gone? You weren't sure, but it didn't feel right to be hiding away from the action. In fact, it was positively infuriating, but no matter how you had protested, nothing worked. Nezu and Aizawa both wouldn't budge an inch on their decision.

Which led you to now.

While you had arrived yesterday, today was the first real day of training, and while everybody was training up their quirks, you were stuck on how exactly to practice your nen. Thankfully, Class 1-B had already been informed on your origins as well - that saved one less problem, you supposed.

As you sat on the ground, having been paused in your excessive sit-ups, Aizawa looked down on you with crossed arms. "You have a disadvantage. Only recently did you figure out how to properly use your ability, meaning you need to be working twice as hard. Don't think I'll be going easy on you. Between regular training and your remedial lessons, you're not going to be getting any rest."

Stretching your arms out in front of you, you gave Aizawa a wry smile. "It's okay. I already have an itinerary of what all I want to be working on." For once, you actually had a detailed plan, although it was clear that your parental figure didn't quite believe you.

"Oh?"

You stood up, brushing dirt off your legs. "Gon and Killua suggested I follow our mentor Bisky's training, so I want to go back to the basics again and practice those techniques." Aizawa's eyebrows rose, and you continued to speak, your serious demeanor more likely than not coming off-putting to the tired teacher. "There are certain things I can't do since I would need another nen user to practice with, but some of the exercises I can do by myself."

More specifically, you wanted to focus on manipulation. It was something you struggled with still, and if you wanted to use your nen to control plants as well as make them grow, you were really going to have to focus on that.

"Let me see, then."

"You can't, unless you've secretly learned gyo."

It was clear that he had no clue what gyo was, and you huffed. "I hate to say it teach, but you're kind of out of your element when it comes to nen. Trust me in that I know how to train my abilities."

Whether or not Aizawa trusted you - and he seemed pretty on the fence about that - he couldn't quite argue with you, either. If Kurapika were here, it'd be different. You didn't think Leorio had the capabilities to teach you, only Kurapika when it came to nen, but the rest of your group had stayed behind.

You were on your own.

Today, you were focusing on manipulation practices and exercises. Bisky had warned you, Gon, and Killua to only focus on one category a day, and tomorrow you already planned to work on emission. The next day would be transmutation, and so on would you cycle between the three. Conjuration would be too difficult for you and it wouldn't help you with your hatsu right now, and you certainly had enough training in enhancement to last you for a life time.