⇢ CHAPTER 73

season 10 episode 3

THE SPLIT

"Are you kidding me?" Holly scoffed, rolling her eyes at Jackson before she turned around and, with her suitcase in hand, made her way towards the bus that would take all the resident and repeats, to where the Boards were being held.

"Holly," Jackson started as he followed after her, "if you can just let me explain--"

"Explain?" Holly scoffed again, turning around sharply to face him, "Yes, please, explain why you have another apartment." She looked directly in his eyes, showing the hurt emotion swirling in her irises as he fumbled around for words, "'Cause I can pretty much sum up the story myself."

"Holl--"

"Your mom was visiting, you knew your mom would come back, and you didn't want to show her that you're living with your girlfriend because then questions would arise, right?" Holly asked, watching as Jackson tried his best to act like she was incorrect.

Jackson cringed, exhaling deeply, "Holl--"

"I need to take my Boards." Holly excused, glaring at Jackson for one last time before she turned around to get back to the bus.

"Holly--"

"Holly!" Derek shouted, waving the girl over to join him-- which made Holly frown her eyebrows, knowing well that he and Meredith were currently on maternity/paternity leave to take care of their new baby, Derek Bailey Shepherd.

"Derek?" Holly frowned her brows, walking over to him as Jackson was stopped by April and Steve, "What are you doing here?"

"What do you think you're doing?" April asked Jackson as she squinted pointedly at him, "Honestly, Jackson, I can't believe you."

"What?" Jackson sighed in defeat, "I was planning to--"

"Did you think I was going to let you leave Seattle without a prep talk?" Derek asked, making Holly squint at him.

"Let me guess," Holly began with a chuckle, "was Bailey too tiring for you?"

"No," Derek shook his head, "no... yes." He sighed, bringing his hands to his face as an attempt to wake himself up, "I'm so tired-- Meredith's so tired... and I left her with the baby so I could 'buy some milk'." Derek explained before patting her shoulder, "Anyways, be prepared for any questions, take your time answering questions, go to sleep early and if you have any questions, you have my number."

"Derek," Holly rolled her eyes, "I'm not gonna call you in the morning for questions, you should get some--"

"I don't mind." Derek waved a hand, but upon seeing Holly's face, he sighed, "Fine, call Nelson if you need to."

"All right." Holly smiled, turning around to enter the bus before her eyes caught Jackson and she sighed.

"Trouble in paradise?" Derek asked, leaning against the hospital's wall as he slowly began to close his eyes.