Canyon Of Souls

It has been five days since Sheik began traveling with Link. After all this time he had nearly forgot what it was like to travel alone, it was obvious he enjoyed traveling with her.

They traveled to Rito village and stayed about a day. Sheik, was able to look at the jewelery they made there, she was in awe at the beautiful gem stones, " they are only found in the Hebra region we call them winter gems, or snow pearls",the shopkeeper said

Meanwhile Link also did a bit of shopping, he bought some leather armor to cover his tunic, before it was just a strap to carry his sword. He also got a new shield the Hylian shield he remembered using them early in his years of knight hood. They went out of style after a new lighter shield was made, the new one did its job but if he was to choose he always preferred the old design.

As Link and Sheik met up at the bridges to Rito village, Sheik asked him a question, "can we visit Kakariko next"? She asked him. Link didn't like that idea he was there only a week ago, by that point there were probably a few guards left especially after what happened at the bar, "Why" He asked her.

"There is someone there i haven't spoken to in a while", Link thought for a moment. "Fine but if you want to take it. I know a shortcut we could travel through".

They made another three day long walk to Gerudo canyon, he promised it was a shortcut, which it was but only if you started in Gerudo Town. Since they started far up north it added another day to their trip, in reality he was trying to stall and make sure no guards were left and he didn't want to go near the castle.

Soon they arrived at their "shortcut". Sheik looked like she was gonna faint by how beautiful it was. Sure the canyon was beautiful but it held a dark secret. "Lets go Link", she said in a excited tone. "Wait i need to tell some stuff about this canyon. The canyon is called Gerudo canyon but many have nicknamed it The Canyon Of Souls". She looked kinda scared at the name but Link continued, "they call it that because of how many people have died in here, some make ot to the other side without a scratch. Others walk in and are never seen again, those who did come out with scratches and cuts say it was a stampede, they died from shock before they could tell the story in detail". Sheik at this point was terrified, but she shook it off and asked him. "Have you ever traveled through hear Link"? She asked, Link shook his head "No, didn't want to risk, but here we are".

With that they began their walk through the canyon, "You know people always say when a stampede is about to come through you'll feel the vibrate in the palm of your hand, they also say if you see one you have about 30 seconds to either run or find shelter". Link said, he knelt down to the ground and placing his palm on the ground.

Nothing. So they continued forward but the farther they got into the canyon the more Link had a feeling like something bad was about to happen. They soon rounded a corner and saw the other side that led to the Great Plateau, They continued walking at a slow and steady pace toward the exit.

Suddenly the wind changed direction instead of blowing into the canyon the wind was moving out. Link felt the change in direction and the gut feeling he had grew ten fold, he turned around to see nothing but the same place they had been. He knelt down once more and placed his palm on the ground, this time he felt a really faint vibration which probably meant that one was far enough away that they could get out before it arrived. He looked up at Sheik who was slowly gaining distance, he turned around one last time to double check. his gase met the same trail he saw moments ago when he turned around, after about 2 seconds. He saw hundreds if not thousands of wild animals round the corner fast approaching them. his eyes grew wide in terror at what was unfolding, he jumped up and turned around to see Sheik still walking away unaware of what was happening. "STAMPEDE"! Link cried out to warn her, he began counting down the seconds.

'30'

Sheik turned around looking kinda surprised and angry as if he was joking just to scare her.

'29'

She looked behind Link to see exactly what he was talking about, her angry eyes soon turned into ones of pure terror.

'28'

"Oh shit" she said aloud as we began running.

'27'

Sheik tripped on her foot and began to stumble.

'26'

She soon fell flat on her face, and Link ran over to her.

'25'

Link began picking her up, she winced in pain as she felt sharp pain in her left leg.

'24'

She tried to stand up bit fell as soon as she put weight on her injured leg she fell back down.

'23'

Link began yelling at her, telling her to "stand up" and to "move it".

'22'

The ground began to vibrate under their feet as the stampede raced toward them.

'21'

Link began trying to pick Sheik back up, still yelling at her to start running.

'20'

The more Link yelled the more panicked his voice became, Beginning to crack and shake as adrenaline rushed through his body.

'19'

The sound of the Stampede sounded like thunder, Link still struggling with Sheik to pick her up.

'18'

Link turned around to see the stampede closer than he expected.

'17'

Link finally got Sheik on her feet, but she wouldn't run her body was frozen in fear.

'16'

Sheik began to panic she began breaking down into tears.

'15'

Link began getting frustrated with her "were gonna die dammit", He yelled in her ear.

'14'

Link's yelling must've snapped her out of it as she began to run again.

'13'

They both began running as fast as they could run. It wasn't out running the stampede but it bought them time.

'12'

Link was still yelling at Sheik to. "run faster" as the Stampede inched closer.

'11'

The exit to the canyon became closer and closer with each step

'10'

The exit got closer but Their running slowed as they began running out of breath.

'9'

Link could see outside the exit lied a decent sized boulder they could shelter behind and let the stampede pass.

'8'

Sheik was still fighting the pain in her leg as she ran for her life.

'7'

Link grabbed Sheiks arm and began pulling her to make sure she could keep up.

'6'

Link turned around one last time to see the stampede. Not even 50 feet away

'5'

The truth finally hit Link they weren't gonna make it out in time

'4'

Link still hanging on to Sheik ran to a wall.

'3'

They made it to the exit

'2'

They jumped toward the boulder In one last effort to shelter themselves.

'1'

They slid behind the boulder, and the hoard of animals engulfed them in dust.

After a while the stampede passed. Link looked over to Sheik to see her in shock, now he believed every story that came out of that place.