Ch. 5

One thing Danny learned during the drive, was that time came to a crawl whenever he wasn't running for his life. He was grateful, of course, that he was able to relax. Well, relax as much as he could in his current situation. It's not easy to relax when you know there's some sort of ghost monster thingy tracking you down for some unknown reason. 

Danny yawned silently, looking out the window at the darkening sky. He had slept for a good few hours or more, but the constant movement of the road had woken him. From what he could pick up from the brother's conversations, they were getting close to their destination. Danny wasn't sure what he'd face when meeting this 'Bobby' guy, but considering he was said to know more about monsters than the brothers, Danny assumed this guy would be pretty scary. But then again, Danny faced scary things nearly every day, and as far as he knew, their friend was human. So, this should be a walk in the park. 

Right?

It wasn't long before the Impala pulled into a fairly small scrapyard, littered with different types of totaled cars. In all honestly, Danny thought this place would've been a great place for him and Tucker to hang out. All sorts of cars for them to mess around with, without getting in huge trouble for it. He was drawn out of his thoughts when Dean pulled the car alongside a small ramshackle house in the middle of the scrapyard. A scruffy man sat on the porch, a beer in hand. When he saw the boys pulling in, he pushed himself up to greet them. Dean turned the car off and climbed out, followed by Sam, and then Danny. Dean approached the man like he was meeting family he hadn't seen in a while. They traded hushed words, before Bobby turned to the teen standing among them.

"So this is the kid you two have been hauling around all day?" He asked, before motioning for them to come inside, not waiting for an answer. "Go ahead to the living room and I'll grab you guys some drinks." He told them and headed off to what Danny assumed to be the kitchen.

Dean listened, along with the other two, and headed to the living room. He sat down in one of the chairs, resting his legs on a stack of books. Sam resorted to leaning against the doorframe, letting Danny take the couch. It was a little while before Bobby came back, not that Danny had really noticed. Yet the brothers did, and understood why. Bobby returned, handing a couple beers to the brothers and handing some water to Danny. 

"Hope water's alright for you. Don't really have kid-friendly drinks around here." Bobby apologized, taking a seat in his own comfortable armchair. He drank at his beer, peering over the edge at Danny.

"Thanks, I guess." Danny mumbled, drinking some of the water down. He noticed the others looking at him and rose a brow. "What?"

Dean shook his head and waved a dismissive hand. Guess holy water didn't affect the kid. "Nothing, nothing." He took a swig of his own drink and turned to Bobby. " So.. about that thing we called you about?" He asked, eager to know what was chasing the kid.

"What you're looking at is a Soul Eater. Usually, these suckers are tied to one house, and have nests they work out of. It's a sort of pocket dimension, existing outside of time and space. They suck out the souls of the living and the dead, and drag it back to their nest to feast on for a while. But somehow, from what you two told me, this one is able to move around freely, and it's on its own." Bobby explained, having researched and read up on the creature while the boys were driving over.

Danny set the glass of water down and groaned, leaning back into the couch. "Fantastic. Not only am I being chased by some soul eating monster, I'm being chased by a completely janky soul eating monster." 

Bobby chuckled. "For a kid, you're not as freaked out as I'd expect you to be. Just be lucky that these two idjits interrupted that thing before it pulled out your soul." He glanced at Dean and Sam. "Soul eaters are bad news. I did a bit more digging into how to stop it, but I've only found Celtic runes that are able to trap it."

"It's better than not being able to deal with it at all." Sam said, moving to take a seat on the floor, still leaning against the doorframe. "So we just have to find a secluded spot to trap it in, yeah?" He asked, raising a brow at Bobby.

"Basically, but you have to be careful. Now that its gotten a taste of his soul, it's not going to so easily let him go."