A daring rescue

I had been in the HYDRA base for a full day now. I had thought that they would have come by now. I had gotten a couple more beatings but the scientist hadn't come back for answers yet.

I sat in the chair, arms tied behind my back with blood dripping onto the floor beneath me. I hung my head, the pain was too much. I couldn't even fight back. I called them cowards but that just made them even more angry.

Several loud bangs from outside the doors cause me to lift my head. It sounded like explosions and gun fire. They were here, I knew it was them. I tried again to shift in my restraints.

The door cracks open and I whip up expecting maybe Steve or Sam but instead see a terrified security guard stumble in. He walks towards me. I get an idea and smile weakly at him. In one swift move I grab something from my shoe and flick it at the man. He convulses for a second then falls to the ground at my feet. I sigh a breath of relief and turn the chair. I lean back causing the chair to fall backwards onto the mans back.

I feel around until I feel a small leather object. I grab it and flip it open to reveal a blade. I start to cut through my restraints. After a couple minutes I break through and push myself off the chair and onto the cool ground in front of me. The cold concrete feels nice but I immediately stand back up. I pick the chair up off the guard and toss it across the room.

I roll the man over and search him. I find a gun and I hold onto the knife. I pick my small electric disk off his chest. It had worked! There was only like a 50/50 chance it would but hey.

I dragged myself to the door and try to get it open. It was only able to be opened from the outside. I bang on the door and scream.

I felt my voice giving out and I started to panic. What if they didn't find me? What if I didn't get out of here? What if they weren't even here?

I stumble back from the door and fall against the opposite wall. I take a deep breath and lift the gun pointing it straight at the door. I shoot several shots at the door. It makes a loud noise but doesn't penetrate the door.

There probably wasn't many bullets left but it was all I had. I started firing again and on the third bullet the door opened and the bullet whizzed past someone.

"What the hell?" I hear a familiar voice exclaim.

"Sam?!" I call out.

The door opens wider to reveal Sam. I release a cry of relief as I limp over towards him. He's obviously concerned but he still runs up to me and hugs me.

"Y/n i'm sorry the tracker took longer than expected. Are you ok?! You look awful!" Hs says quickly.

I laugh. "Wow Wilson. Already insulting me?"

I push him against the wall as several bullets whizz past.

"Ok look the whole team is here but there's a lot of HYDRA soldiers here. We gotta get you to the jet."

I start to protest but he silenced me.

"You've done your part Y/n. Let us handle the rest."

I nod unsurely. He holds me from under my arm and helps me walk. I shoot at the people ahead of us as we make our way through the building. We pass a mirror and I get a look of myself for the first time.

My hair was a mess and the front was caked in dry blood. I was bruised and my dress was stained red. My lipstick was smudged and my face was stained where tears had fallen.

We reach a large room and I see several other people. I release myself from Sam and take off running. My focus is set on one person as the world around me disappears. I shoot several of the agents in the room before I reach him.

I had waited for this. I jump into Steve's arms and he hugs me tightly. We didn't have much time to talk because another wave of people entered the room.

He looks down at me with concern.

"I can take them. I've been wanting to kill these sick bastards for a whole day now." I smile.

As the room fills with people everyone gathers in a circle. I look around and see almost everyone. I laugh.

"This is totally like we're in a movie" I say through a smile.