~Chapter Fourteen~

I woke up about 1pm. It was a long night for me, so I was glad I got some sleep. Also my sleep schedule was now very messed up, but oh well. I sat in bed for twenty minutes, not wanting to move. I finally got up and knocked on George's door.

He opened it, and let me in. "hey." I said. "Hey." He replied. I awkwardly sat on his bed. "So . . . how was streaming?" He asked. Why were we being like this around each other?

In reality, we both knew.

But neither of us was going to say it.

"Good. Streaming was good. Very tiring, but I enjoyed it." I replied. "Good." He said. He sat there in his chair, just staring at anywhere in his room except me. I stared at the floor. I glanced at his desk, and quickly snatched his clout glasses.

"Hey!" He said, not really trying to get them back. I put them on. "Man, I could post a picture of me wearing these on Twitter and get so many likes." I said. I paused for a second. "I'm starting to sound like Tommy, huh?" I mused. George laughed. Whenever something failed, we resorted to humor. It was a good coping mechanism.

"I'm ready to be out of the house. Ready to go see Dream and Sapnap." I said. George nodded and agreed. "It's going to be great." is all he replied with. I could tell he wanted to ask what was on my mind. George was a quiet guy, but if knew him like I did, you could tell when he wanted to say something. But I was too stubborn to talk.

"Are you liking streaming, and being on the smp?" George said. I had to think for a second about the last time we had small talk like this. It was weird, honestly. "I like it. I've met a bunch of cool people, and I really enjoy streaming. Seriously, I can't thank you enough." I finally replied. We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Do you miss mum?" George asked slowly. I felt a lot of emotions at once. "Yeah. I do. I wanna see her again, but I don't know if I can deal with him. He made my life torture." I said. "Yeah. If I could get mum out of there, I would." He said. "Your accent has really changed you, huh? You say mum instead of mom." I said. Again, humor through the pain. "true, it has. You're starting to develop an accent as well!" he teased.

I sighed. I wanted to tell him what I was feeling, about life overall in general. About how I felt being here with him, about what I had to deal with when I was with mom and her boyfriend, and . . . my feelings about Tubbo.

"How about we go eat lunch?" I suggested. "Sure. Why don't we go order pizza?" George asked. It was something we both enjoyed, and was always a comfort food of mine. I placed George's clout glasses back on his desk, making a mental note to steal them for likes later. We headed downstairs, George messing with his phone, hopefully ordering pizza.

I sat on our couch, staring out the window. I remember when I first got here, when George had just bought the house. He needed some furniture, and I was allowed to help him pick it out and decide where to put it. If you sat just right, you could sit right in the sun. Despite it being December, the sun was still poking out. I soaked up all the sunlight I could. George's gray kitten came up to me, and I snuggled with it for a bit.

"Pizza's on the way." George announced. "Sweet. Thanks!" I said. I checked my phone real quick, before closing it. I just wanted a distraction, I guess that was it. Maybe I'd stream tonight, that's a distraction. I pulled my earbuds out of my hoodie pockets, and slipped one in. I usually only wore one earbud. I think it was because if someone was talking to me, I didn't want to seem rude. Maybe it was more trauma.

I put on my favorite playlist to calm myself down. The first song that came on was Wilbur's new song. I smiled. Chance, maybe? Or maybe the Spotify gods knew that Wilbur and his songs helped me.