1. Moonlight Shine Bright

Peter was always in awe of you. He'd been in awe of you since the day the two of you met. But there were certain times when he'd look over and see you - strong, capable, kind, and dependable - and his heart would just burst.

And since the Nefaria Attack, Peter's complete and utter awe of how you'd bounced back was something he couldn't help but mention out loud every chance he got. You were lovely and soft as you went about your day chatting with customers in the Stark Industries café - Stark Roast (something Tony still was not super keen on the name no matter how often you all talked about it, considering he felt like the name allowed people to constantly "roast" him).

You were doing a bunch of polling to get more info for the next coffee shop you were setting up next door to the new FEAST headquarters, and Peter sat in the corner where your little workstation was next to the coffee bar as he watched you work.

You were giggling and your hair was slipping over your shoulder as you bent down to chat with two girls who were filling out the survey and laughing with you. Your eyes were basically sparkling and as you gasped with laughter and threw your head back, Peter watched the sunshine filter through the windows and radiate off your skin.

"If you keep staring people are going to think you're plotting her murder," MJ poked him with the end of her pencil in the cheek and Peter swatted it away.

Things were fine now with MJ. At least, Peter had a feeling they were getting back to a sort-of friendship. MJ was now more your friend than she was Peter's, and he was okay with that. He knew that he and MJ had a history that would always connect them, but sometimes people grew apart. He also knew that if he ever needed anything, MJ would always have his back.

"I'm not staring," Peter grumbled as he hunched back down over the tablet and scrolled through the documents for his first meeting as Tony's heir to the company. His nerves were slowly getting the better of him but he didn't want to admit it.

It was mid-September and school had only started two weeks ago. In that amount of time, you'd gone back to a full semester load of course work and Peter had found himself in a very awkward position. Though smart beyond his years, Peter knew he still had a lot to learn. But academically, he wasn't entirely sure there was much more he necessarily needed.

So, that being said, Peter had dropped his minors and his second major and now he was just focusing on physics. His course load was much less than yours, but he also was starting his duties to Stark Industries above being an intern. That meant meetings upon meetings that he would have to attend, take notes, study, and work on with Tony.

But currently Peter wasn't focusing on that. He was focusing on the fact that you were smiling and happy, that MJ was sitting there next to him (something she wouldn't be caught dead doing a few months ago) and that he got free coffee because you always made it just right for him and you always scolded him for paying. (He made up for it in the tip jars and donation boxes near the doors, but you didn't need to know that).

You caught Thandie's eye as she sauntered into the coffee shop through the lobby. She'd told you that she would be visiting Jason during the end of your shift so that the two of you could walk home together, but you hadn't realized how late it was getting and that Peter was still lingering around.

"Hey," you smiled at her a bit tightly, "He's not gone yet. I thought he would be in his meeting, but -"

"That's chill. We're just walking home together," Thandie shrugged, "What's he going to do?"

You nibbled on your lip and looked over to see Peter was explaining something to MJ on his tablet. Seeing the two of them together made your heart warm. It was nice seeing them interact again and be civil. They didn't hang out one-on-one just yet, but you knew that day would eventually come.