Chapter Nine

Sophie knocked on the front door of Havenfield holding Keefe's hand and a batch of Mallowmelt she had baked herself. When Edaline answered the door she looked flushed and was wearing a red dress and a Santa hat. The elves took great delight in the idea of an overweight man in a red suit breaking into peoples home to deliver presents on Christmas Eve. They also found it extremely funny that alleged elves were supposed to accompany him. 

Coming inside Sophie kissed her Mum on the cheek and hung her coat on the hook next to the door. The dress she was wearing wasn't tight enough to reveal her progressing baby bump but she tried to conceal it anyway. Keefe took his own coat off and wrapped his arms around Sophie from the back and whispered in her ear.

"You look beautiful"

Sophie smiled bashfully and they walked snuggled up against eachother behind Edaline to the living room where everyone except the Vacker's were waiting already. Sophie greeted everyone and Keefe put the pile of presents down underneath the mammoth tree before sitting down on one of the couches practically in each others laps.

They talked for a while before the Vacker's arrived and Edaline called them in for dinner. Sophie was delighted to see Keefe running around with Marella and Dex's four year old, Arlo who had periwinkle blue eye and shoulder-length strawberry blonde hair.  

Everyone dug in quickly and it wasn't long before every dish was scraped clean. Before Edaline and Grady could fetch dessert Keefe stood, grasping Sophie's hand tightly. 

"We have some good news" he announced before looking at Sophie.

She nodded in approval and he smiled.

"Sophie and i are having a baby............. again"

Sophie could see the shock on everyone's face clear as a vial of youth. Grady quickly raised his glass for a toast and everyone followed.

The rest of the night was filled with questions and attentive care from both Della and Edaline. They opened gifts and Sophie was glad to see Keefe's glowing face of pride every time he looked at Sophie. 

By the end of the night Sophie was extremely tired from all the attention and was feeling a little nauseous. Luckily Keefe could sense this and made sure to get her home early and tucked into bed with Ella and himself.

"I love you, Sophie" he whispered kissing her on the head before clapping his hands to turn off the lights and falling asleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry i know this chapter's a little short but i promise to make the next one longer. 

Love all the ideas for baby names. I think im going to choose a couple a let you all vote.

Thanks for all the support, comments and votes mean the world to me!!!!!

xoxo Mollie