41- Attack from the Snow

[[ I do NOT own the music. ]] 
[[ I feel so MIA but it had been so busy! but here you are, please do not be mad at me lol---  L RANDY]] 

┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 

"Not much game out today," Kazuyuki laughed. "But we managed to get a few rabbits."

He held out the bodies of the rabbits tied on his rope.

Alana grimaced away from it.

"We were there," She mumbled crossing her arms over her chest to stay warm. She wore two pairs of pants both navy blue, long socks, and boots on her lower half.

On top, she wore an undershirt beneath her navy-blue turtleneck, beneath her sweater, beneath her thick peacoat. She again wore the beret and her gloves, along with her scarf.

She stood amongst her pirates, all thoroughly disinterested in this early morning excursion, deep in the Kori woods.

Kazuyuki brought some of his comrades, they did not speak much but they seemed to fawn after the king.

"We could try further north." One Kazuyuki's companions suggested, pointing deeper into the frozen wilderness.

No! We have been out here for two hours following that fool around! It is too cold for this!

"Aka deer travel through there this time of year."

Kazuyuki thought about this for a minute before nodding happily.

"Good idea, we will go further north." He began in that direction, tailed by his three comrades closely.

Ivo placed a hand on Alana's shoulder.

"How are you? Is it too cold?"

Alana smiled back up the brunette.

"No, I am fine. If this is what it takes for him to help us, I can last through this."

Ivo chuckled.

"Okay, little dove."

To prevent Alana from falling behind like the day before, one pirate would always be holding her hand, helping her keep up and balance in the snow.

The action was simply just to assist her through the unfamiliar elements, but it caused a blush on her face, fortunately, it was easy to blame it on the cold.

The group walked for about another forty minutes, trailing about twenty feet behind Kazuyuki's group when they suddenly stopped.

They were in a dense part of the woods, bushes, snow-covered evergreens, and tall pine trees surrounded them. The pines were branchless until you looked up and saw them nearly touch the sky.

"Bumble!" Kazuyuki excitedly waved her over. "Come look!" He pointed down into a bush

Alana rolled her eyes, shivering as she trudged over with the help of Kazumi. Kazuyuki was wearing an excited smile that Alana did not trust.

"What is it?" Alana bluntly questioned coming to stand beside him.

"Look," He pointed down again and she immediately jumped back with a yelp. She fell back into Kazumi's arms, burying her face in his chest.

"What?" Leven quickly asked hurrying over to see what it was.

"Why would you show me that?!" Alana complained looking up to the smiling king.