Chapter FORTY- SIX

Alexandrea's P.O.V

"Mom?" I called, shocked and confused. Her right eye was swollen and a dark purple as she she cried. On her right hand is her travelling bag and on her left hand is her handbag.

"Alexandrea" she breathed out. She stumbled in and I closed the door, following her immediately. My heart pounded in my chest. What's happening?

She headed straight for the couch and sat down. I sat beside her as she looked around wildly, crying harder. Worry overcame the fear I am feeling. I wrapped my right arm around her in a side hug. "Mom, what's going on? I thought you were on a business trip?" I questioned, rubbing her back soothingly.

" A-alex...." She cried. Confused is an understatement to how I felt right now. "He found me" she choked out. Her eyes wandered in fear like someone was going to barge in any minute. Who? Who found her and who was she hiding from?

"I don't understand, mom. What are you talking about?" I furrowed my eyebrows. My heart was in pain seeing my own mother cry so much.

"It's....." She trailed off, as the years escape her eyes. She let out a whimper. "It's Axel. He's back" she said. A shiver run down my spine and I suddenly felt the chills. What?!

"He's back? I don't understand, mom" I furrowed my eyebrows at her. She looked at me, eyes wide and wild.

"Didn't you see the news?! He escaped!! He did this to me!!" She said, her voice shaky. My heart thumped wildly in my chest. No, no, no, it can't be true. My mom gripped the front of my top, meeting my gaze. "He's coming for us. I know it. I just know it. He's coming for us, Alex" she cried. She looked like she was going crazy.

I couldn't say a word. I couldn't cry or scream. So....he meant all those letters?...He's actually coming back. No, he can't. He's going to make our lives a living hell again. The police have to find him. No, no, please God, no.

Please don't let him be back.

Elijah's P.O.V

I sat in the cafe, waiting for Stephanie.  After what she said in class, I was confused. What did she mean by she takes my man, I take hers?. Does that mean Alex is cheating? Who is her man? I had a lot of questions for her so she said we should meet in a cafe. I hope whatever I came here for is not bad news.

I leaned back in the seat as I saw her walk in. She is in a tiger- coloured armless crop top and jeans. She grinned as she saw me. She walked over and plopped down beside me. "Hey baby" she said.

"Let's just get this over with" I said without moving my gaze from her face. She smiled at me,then raised her arm to call a waiter.

"I can't just get it over with, darling" she said. A male waiter in the cafe's shirt and a jeans came over. "Cappuccino for two please" she ordered. He wrote it down and nodded, then he left.

"Stephanie, listen, I'm not here to wine and dine with you. You know that, so tell me what I need to know" I said, keeping my face plain. I'm impatient, I need to know what she meant.

She grinned at me, leaning in her seat. "You look stressed. Don't worry, the cappuccino will be here soon" she said. I let out an heavy breath.

"What did you mean by what you said earlier today? I don't understand" I said, going straight to the point.

"I meant what I said." She said, her grin replaced by straight lips. " She stole Nick from me. Now, I'll steal you from her. That's even right?" She looked at me. Huh? What is she saying?

"I don't understand, Stephanie. Be clear about this. How did she steal Nick from you? She is my girlfriend" I said, feeling possessive. I leaned forward on my seat, placing my elbow on the table. She let out a bitter laugh.