after effects

TW ~ Strong Language, Mentions of Harm - Y'all can't hate me for this chapter since you picked it (there was a poll btw) so boohoo cracker

George's POV:

"Dream? You... You're king again?" George said in astonishment. He was seeing one of his best friends after more than a month.

"What you know these kids?" the one to Dream's right asked in annoyance.

"Believe it or not Karl, I had a life before meeting you guys a month ago," Dream said, rolling his eyes.

"Humans aren't allowed in Hell," the jester said, spinning the knife by the tip on his index finger. George winced in pain for him.

When Dream didn't say anything, Sapnap snapped. 

"And him? He's a human too?" he said, pointing at Karl.

Karl rolled his eyes, slinging an arm around Dream's shoulder.

"Ah yes, but I'm a good friend of the king. A best friend even." 

The words felt like knives to George's stomach.

The king didn't say anything else, he snapped his fingers and his mask appeared back in his hands, as he placed it back on his face. George's stomach dropped when he noticed it wasn't the mask he gave Dream.

"Your mask?" George said timidly.

"Ah yes, my good friend over here made me a better one," he said, glancing at the jester next to him.

"So what do ya say King, we kill em?" The jester said with a smug grin. He gripped the knife in murderous excitement.

"Hmm... let's not kill them. But make sure they get back to Earth safely. And take this."

Dream handed George a small stone, and George recognized it immediately. The missing communication stone.

"What the hell Dream? We've been friends our entire life and your just kicking us out without a welcome or anything? You've become a bitch," Sapnap growled, but Dream just smirked.

"I'm not kicking you out, I'm just giving you an option. Stay here and live in misery, or go back to your home. It's just like you did me" Dream didn't show any emotion at all. 

Just a stupid little smirk.

On his stupid little face.

That George missed.

Maybe George was the stupid one.

"King Dream, not gonna lie man, these assholes are getting on my nerves. Can I kill them please?" he asked, grabbing the knife he was spinning on his finger and pointing it at George.

When Dream didn't immediately say anything to save the two, George's eyes widened.

"Dr- Dream you wouldn't kill us off for coming to fi- find you right?" he asked with fear in his eyes.

For the first time since they came, Dream's face flashed in anger.

"Maybe I wouldn't have killed you off if you cared enough to come the DAY I left. Not a month after."

"Quackity, you know what to do," Dream said with his stupid smirk back on his face.

George watched in fear, as the jester came up to him with a smile. He ran the knife across George's neck, just centimeters away from George's skin, before standing behind him.

"Back to Earth, it is" Quackity sighed after receiving a glare from Dream.

When Quackity, George, and Sapnap were out of the King's view, Quackity stopped them and stood in front of them.

"Who the actual fuck are you?" Quackity asked.

"WE were Dream's best friends. Now I don't know WHAT you told him, or what happened, but that Dream is not the Dream I knew and loved," George said in a low voice.

"Well this Dream is better, isn't he? This Dream chose me over you, how does that feel?" Quackity sneered.

"It feels terrible actually," Sapnap said honestly.

Quackity hadn't expected that response. "Wha- oh oh, haha, it does feel terrible" he laughed awkwardly.

"'Could you just open a portal for us," George said frustrated. This trip went every way OPPOSITE to how he wanted it to go.

"You know, I could kill you right here and now, couldn't I? Be nice," he said, holding his dagger out.

"Lay a hand on him and I will murder you," Sapnap said, standing in between the two.

"Uh-huh," Quackity said with a smirk. They walked in complete silence, George feeling afraid to do anything wrong, seeing Quackity held him at knifepoint most of the walk.

When they arrived at the portal opening, Quackity started to open it, George staring in awe that he was so easily able to do it, even without any special stones.

Maybe Quackity was better than him.

As Sapnap went to step into the portal, Quackity spoke up.

"You know, I just thought I should tell you this, he talks about you two a lot."

"Wh- what?" Sapnap asked, stopping in his track.

"When I first met him, I was king, and he came to fight me for the throne. I'm a mind reader, you know. I found out that he really, really missed both of you. He got the throne for you, ya know."

"What?" It was George's turn to turn.

"Yeah, and next to his throne, he has a picture of you three," Quackity said with a sigh.

"Then why the hell did he act like he wanted to kill us right then and there?" Sapnap said angrily.

"I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you this since he never actually verbally told me, but he's hurt. When he lost control of his power, which he was trying so hard to control, and he accidentally injured Tommy. But you guys immediately shunned him." Quackity's eyes stared right at George.

George realized Quackity had said injured, not kill.

"Makes sense he'd rather be friends with us," Quackity said, pulling a card from nowhere, and flipping it so George could see what was on the other side.

It was a photo of Dream, Quackity, and Karl, Dream on the throne. What stood out to George was that Dream looked so happy.

"We're also way more badass compared to your stupid little witch stature," Quackity said with a laugh.

George and Sapnap stepped through the portal, fed up with his bullshit, when they heard Quackity's voice, slowly fading away.

"All you had to do was say sorry to him, you pricks..."

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people who read my book vote on the story. So if u end up enjoying this story, consider voting, it's free and u can always unvote later enjoy the story #VotePrime

Love you all :)