eleven °

"hyejin what took you that so long?" shotaro took the packet of flour out of the plastic bag, eyebrows furrowing

"hyejin what took you that so long?" shotaro took the packet of flour out of the plastic bag, eyebrows furrowing. "it usually takes you ten minutes to go there and come back, but today you took thirty minutes instead. did anything happen?"

"i saw a super cute guy!" hyejin exclaimed, jumping up and down frantically like a child. "you have no idea how much i died on the inside!"

"yeah, you see a guy on the street every day and you squeal over how cute they are for the next few hours before moving onto another guy," shotaro remarked, shaking his head. "this is why you don't have a boyfriend hyejin"

"it's not like you have a girlfriend either!" the girl shot back, which in response, shotaro's lips tugged upwards. "oh no you're wrong, i'll be dating very soon, wait for it."

hyejin's eyes widened, this statement meant that shotaro was currently having flirty relationship with someone, the type of bond that you would say pick up lines and sweet words but you two weren't dating yet.

"who? tell me who is it?" hyejin went on and on, only to see shotaro chuckling as he went on to bake his cookies.

the sound of hyejin's alarm went off, signifying that it was a new day

10:00

normally, hyejin wouldn't wake up so early. she would probably sleep until one in the afternoon. to her disappointment, she still had a zoom meeting to attend. in order to make her university portfolio look somewhat presentable, hyejin decided to join a volunteering activity which was suggested by jeno.

"here we go," hyejin groggily mumbled as she typed in the zoom code. hyejin absolutely hated the fact that she had to wake up early for the meeting, but she knew she couldn't miss out on this — hyejin hadn't signed up for any other activity that can be written in her portfolio, unlike her brother.

PLEASE WAIT FOR THE HOST TO ADMIT YOU INTO THE MEETING.

it only took a few seconds for hyejin to be admitted into the meeting. to hyejin's surprise, there were only four people joining. jaemin, jeno, hyejin herself and a name that seemed familiar to her, but she couldn't pinpoint on where she has seen it.