Chapter 1

Let me put this bluntly; my summer was…horrible. The Weasley twins kept pranking me, Ron kept complementing me every time we’re in the same room, Ginny gives me this suspicious glances every once in a while, Hermione keeps talking to me about school and Harry, well, Harry’s currently scolding me right now after learning about my relationship with Malfoy. Five weeks have passed and I’m surprised he only learned about it today and from Ginny at that. Dunno who she learned that news from.

“Malfoy is a bad influence on you, Louisa!” Harry shouted.

“You don’t know him like I do, Harry!” I exclaimed, “In my eyes, he’s a good person. Why won’t you just give him a chance?”

“Because of all the bad things he’s done to us!” He answered.

“To you! But he didn’t give me a single scratch since I’ve met him! Yeah we fought, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t feel any guilt. Yeah he’s a bad person, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have good in him.” I protested and ran up to my room, slamming the door shot.

Tapping on my window alerted me, causing me to point my wand to the noise and sighed in relief seeing the familiar owl of Draco. I opened my window and let the owl in, letting the letter he carries drop on my bed. I gave him a treat and sent it on his way. I took the letter and began to read;

Dear Louisa, 

            It’s been a long time since I’ve owled you. I miss you. How’s your summer? The Weasleys aren’t giving you a hard time, yeah? Anyway, my family and I are going to the Quidditch World Cup in a few weeks and my mum asked me ahead of time if I’m to bring someone. Would you like to go with me? You can bring Daphne and Blaise to if you’d like. Owl me as soon as you get this.

                                                                                    Love,
                                                                                    Draco

I quickly grabbed a parchment and feather quill and began to reply;

Dear Draco,

            I miss you too. I would like to go with you to the Quidditch World Cup. I’d like Daphne and Blaise to come along if you don't mind. My summer has been horrible but don't tell anyone I said that. They aren’t really giving me a hard time…sometimes. Anyway, I know this is weird to ask but can I live with you until the end of summer? It’s alright if I can't. I don't want to be much of a burden anyways. My summer hasn’t really been sunshine’s and rainbows but I promise to tell you everything when we see each other. By the way, give Snow a treat before she heads back. She might bite your finger if you don’t. I’ll see you soon, Draco. 

                                                                                                Love,
                                                                                                Louisa

I folded my letter and released Snow out of her cage. I let her grab onto the letter before saying, “Take this to Draco.”

I opened my window and let her out. Sighing as I did so. Draco and I have been owling each other ever since we got home. Daphne was currently out of the country and she hasn't been owling me after her last letter saying that she’s been busy. Blaise owls me from time to time but he’s been accompanying his mother somewhere. I sat on my bed and someone knocked on my door.

“Who is it?” I asked.

“It’s Molly, dear. Your father is downstairs.” She replied.

“I’ll be down in a minute.” I said. When I heard her footsteps fading, I straightened my clothes and went downstairs to see my dad.  I heard murmuring in the kitchen so I headed towards its direction and saw dad talking to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

“Dad!” I exclaimed, running up to him and giving him a hug.

“It’s so great to see you to, sweetheart.” He said, chuckling.
“How are you?” I asked, parting from the embrace.

“I’ve been great. How’s your summer?” He asked me.

“Uh it’s been…Amazing!” I lied. I can’t tell him I’m having a horrible time here and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley are still in the room.

“Well, I came here to give you something and I best be on my way after. I’m meeting a friend of mine somewhere.” He said. He pulled a box from his coat and handed it to me.

“What’s this?” I asked.

“Open it.” He instructed.

I removed the wrapping and gently opened the box. Inside was the most beautiful snow globe I’ve ever seen.

“It’s beautiful.” I muttered, amazed.

“I saw it in Diagon Alley the other day and it reminded me of you.” He said.

Inside the snow globe was a castle with a figure of a girl in front of it. Her hand was holding a snowflake and weirdly enough, the girl looks like me. I shook the snow globe and let the fake snow flutter around. There was a knob on the side of the globe and when I turned it, the girl began moving. Her hand was releasing snow and a gentle tune was playing. The girl danced around and she even waved at me once. I giggled and frowned when the music and the girl stopped.

“I take it you like my gift.” Dad said.

“I don’t like it. I love it!” I exclaimed. I gently put the snow globe down on the table and gave my Dad a tight and loving embrace.

“Thank you so much.” I whispered to him.

“You’re very welcome, Lou.” He whispered back. We broke apart and Dad gave me a kiss on the forehead.

“I need to go but I’ll visit again soon.” He said, bid his good byes to the Weasley family and left.

I took the snow globe and went up to my room. I placed it on my nightstand and was surprised to see Snow on the window carrying a letter. Well, that was fast. I grabbed the letter and began to read,

…give me three minutes.
                        -Draco

Three minutes? To what? Suddenly, a rock entered my room from the window. I heard cursing then rustling then silence.  I leaned on my window and saw Draco with a few rocks in hand.

“Draco? What are you doing here?” I asked in a hushed voice.

“I came to see. Can you come down?” He said.

“I think so. Hold on.” I said then conjured a rope. I tied one end to the bedpost and the other out the window. I made sure the rope was secure before climbing down. Once I was down, I was tackled in a hug and my face was peppered with kisses.

I giggled and said, “Who knew you missed me that much?”

“You have no idea.” He said, placing his forehead against mine.

“You could’ve owled me, you know.” I said.

“Where’s the fun in that? Besides, I want to tell you personally that you can stay at the Manor for the rest of the summer.” He said.

“Really?” I exclaimed, excited.

“Mhmm…all you need to do now is pack your bags and we can go.” He said.

“How’d you get here anyway?” I asked.

“My broom.” He replied.

“My stuff won’t fit in your broom, Draco.” I said.

“Not if you use the extension charm on one of your bags.” He said.

“But I can’t just leave so suddenly.” I said.

“Leave them a letter or something.” He suggested.

I sighed and agreed, “But your helping me pack.”

I gave him a peck on the lips and climbed back up to my room. Seconds later, Draco followed. I grabbed the biggest bag I could fine, which was my duffle one, and shoved my clothes in it but not before putting an extension charm in it. I packed my essentials, school stuff and the snow globe Dad gave me. I set Snow free and told her to go ahead to the Manor.

“Now all I need to do is tell The Weasleys, Harry and Hermione I’m leaving then we’re off.” I said. I handed Draco my bag and told him to go back down and be ready. I went downstairs and fortunately enough, they’re all there.

“Louisa, dear, do you need something?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“Actually, I came to tell you that I have to stay at Draco’s for the rest of the summer. I promised him, Blaise and Daphne that I would.” I lied.

“What?!” Everybody exclaimed.

“Are you mad?” The twins asked.

“You can’t just leave, Louisa!” Harry exclaimed.

“I’m sorry but I don’t break my promises.” I said.

“Enough. If it’s what Louisa want then we will respect it, whether it’s someone you dislike or not.” Mrs. Weasley said, “When are you leaving, dear?”

“Right now actually.” I said then walked toward the door, “Bye.”

I ran outside and saw Draco waiting for me. I jumped on his broom and we flew away from the burrow. I chuckled as I saw Harry, Ron and Hermione shouting at me to come back but I flew higher and faster instead.

“Well, that was fun.” I said, chuckling.

“Yeah, yeah. Now that you had your fun, I can have mine.” Draco said.

“What are you talking about?” I asked and instead of answering he flew faster and kept doing broom tricks, which were scary but fun in a way. I kept screaming of joy and minutes later, we arrived at the Malfoy Manor.

“Welcome to the Malfoy Manor, Lou.” Draco said as thunder struck.