Wattpad Original
Mayroong 2 pang mga libreng parte

CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER TEN

CAMBRIA did not stop even if Carter already left the bedroom, even if she showed her daughter that she was not with that man anymore. Her daughter didn’t believe her, she still wanted to see her Daddy.

Alandra doesn’t have a choice, she followed Carter.

Luckily, Kielton is already there with him. Naka-ayos na rin ang pananghalian nila.

“Do you want to talk with Titow Kielton?” Alandra carefully asked her daughter who’s still fuming mad.

Pansamantalang huminto ang anak, kaya hinarap niya ang camera sa Kuya niya.

“Oh, hey there, Cambria. Wait, why are you crying?” Kielton gets the cellphone from her.

Alandra let the two talks, she’s hoping that her daughter will forget about Carter, para hindi na siya iniiyakan.

“You better eat,” Carter motioned the foods on the table.

Naupo si Alandra sa bakanteng sofa, sa harap ng lalaki. Sa kabilang upuan naman ay ang Kuya Kielton niya na pinapatahan ang pamangkin.

“I saw my daddy, Kielton! Mommy hid him!”

Itong anak niya palaging nakakalimutan gumamit ng Tito at Tita, though she always remind Cambria to use that.

“You saw your daddy? When?”

Her brother is amazed by the fact that how the hell Cambria saw her daddy? They did not even know who’s her father!

“A while ago! They w-ey togethe-y.”

“They were together? Where?”

“Bed-yum!”

“Bedroom?” Kielton chuckle. It wasn’t that hard to understand Cambria even though she can’t still yet pronounce some words correctly. Especially the words with letter ‘R’ in it. ‘“How did it happen?”

“I saw daddy! I saw daddy!”

Napatingin na tuloy sa kanya ang kapatid, nagtatanong ang mga mata. Wala sa sarili na kay Carter tumingin si Alandra.

“Brute? What happened?” Kielton asked, confused.

“Your niece mistook me as her daddy.”

“How come?”

“Who’s that Kielton? Is that my daddy?”

Hindi niya sigurado kung paano lulusutan ang anak. Kung papatayin niya ang tawag, tiyak na tatawag ulit ito at hindi niya rin naman kayang ‘wag itong pansinin. She’s so stupid for switching that camera without asking Carter to leave the bedroom!

“No, he’s my friend. Not your daddy, Cambria—”

“No! He’s my daddy!”

Kielton sighed. “Alandra, what did you tell to your daughter?”

“It wasn’t me, it was Rasha!” Tanggol niya sa sarili.

“Look, Kielton, I have my daddy’s photos! Look!”

Napatayo si Alandra dahil alam niya na ang ipapakita ng anak niya sa Tito nito! They have Carter’s printed photos in their bedroom’s wall!

“What the…” Kielton was surprised by what he is seeing right now.

Nang subukan ni Carter na silipin kung ano ang ipinapakita ng anak niya, mabilis na iniwas ‘yon ng kapatid niya.

Alandra is holding her breath because she doesn’t want Carter to know what they did to his photos!

“See? He’s my daddy!”

Nakita ni Alandra na napahilot sa sintido ang Kuya niya, na para bang dumagdag silang mag-ina sa sakit ng ulo nito.

She continue eating, she’s really hungry. Doon lang bumalik ang gana niya sa pagkain pagkatapos ng mahabang biyahe.

Carter is silent, when he looked at her, she caught him looking at her chest part. The brute smirked, making her cheeks rose up.

Alandra simply check her chest part, she just leered at herself when she notice her obvious nipples against that thin silk robe, not to mention her cleavage.

“Who told you that he’s your father?”

“Mommy and Asha!” Lumaki ang mata niya sa sagot ng anak! “Titow Kielton give the phone to my daddy please…”

“No, your daddy is not here—”

Hindi pa natatapos magsalita ang kapatid ay pinutol na ng iyak ng anak niya. See? Cambria will never stop not until she gets what she wants.

“I’ll give the phone to your mommy, okay? Please, don’t cry.”

And when Kielton is about to hand her the cellphone, to Alandra’s surprised, Carter smoothly got it and face the screen.

“Hey,” Carter’s voice was cool, making Cambria stopped from crying that easily.

“My daddy! My daddy! My daddy!”

Alandra massage her temple one more time. She will be in trouble once Carter discovered what they did to his photos when she was in Italy! It’s so embarrassing.

“Oh-oh.”

Carter let out a short amused laugh, his eyes were sparkling while watching her daughter’s expression on the screen.

It’s their first meet but she can tell that Carter seems very fond of her daughter. Or maybe he naturally likes kids? The reason why it is easy for him to communicat e with them?

“Give it to me,” she told him, annoyed.

Alandra even extended her hand to grab the phone but Carter only held her hand, for her to stay still.

Hindi niya alam kung ano ang mas nakakainis, ang malaman na kausap nito ang anak niya o ang paraan ng marahan na paghawak nito sa kanyang kamay, parang may kumikiliti sa kanyang tiyan.

Natahimik naman si Cambria at nasisilip niyang nakikipagtitigan lang kay Carter na para bang kinakabisado ang mukha ng isa’t isa.

Binawi ni Alandra ang kamay niya at nagpatuloy sa pagkain.

Kielton went to the balcony to have his cigarette.

“My hea-yt is beating fast daddy!” She heard Cambria said after a long while.

Gustong umikot ng mga mata niya. Did her daughter really say that? Did she really feel that? Is her heart really beating fast? But…why?

“Me too,” Carter spoke quietly,  making her paused from sipping her wine.

“Really? Don’t play with my daughter’s feelings!” Alandra murmured madly.

Carter only gave her a ‘Let’s talk later’ look. And that made her heart pounded for some fucking reason!

Why does it feel like he was going to punish her?! How dare him giving her that kind of look?!

“She’s just missing her daddy that’s why,” Alandra said then pursed her lips.

“What’s yoy name?” Cambria started to ask questions and that’s not good.

“Carter. You have a beautiful name though, Cambria.”

She heard her daughter giggle. Nakita niya na gumuhit ang munting ngiti sa labi ni Carter, alam niyang natutuwa talaga ito sa anak niya, halata naman.

“My love, Carter needs to leave, say your goodbye,” Alandra said, she tries to end their conversation.

Napatingin sa kanya si Carter na parang magrereklamo pero inirapan niya lang.

“Mommy, can I talk to daddy again?”

“Not sure. Uh, I mean no, Carter will be busy.”

“When can I see my daddy again?” Cambria’s voice saddened.

“I don’t know.”

“Anytime you want, Cambria, I don’t mind,” Carter answered, making her glared at him sharply.

“What the fuck?” She almost curses him!

Carter only lifted his eyebrow, the amusement in his eyes while staring at her is very obvious! What’s funny? Does this man think that she’s playing around? Damn him!

LUMIPAS ang araw na ‘yon na hindi naman na pinilit ni Cambria na makausap si Carter dahil sinabi niyang bumalik na ito sa trabaho. She also called her parents to let them know that she’s already in Manila.

They planned to throw her a welcome back party and she’s fine with it. She needs to distract herself from everything that’s happened. Kailangan niya rin kausapin ang daddy niya tungkol sa isang mahalagang bagay kaya wala siyang ibang pagpipilian kundi umuwi talaga sa Cebu.

Alandra didn’t need to ask for a bodyguard because the moment her parents knew that she’s in Manila, just after a few hours, her bodyguards arrived in Okada and introduced themselves. They are her invisible bodyguards.

That day she went shopping for her swimwear to bring in Cebu for a yacht party. Hinihintay niya lang matapos si Kielton sa kung anoman ang ginagawa nito para sabay na silang umalis.

“Block those men who would try to get near me, okay? Because I don’t like men.” She told her guards before they leave the hotel.

“Copy that, senorita.”

Alandra is chilling in a coffee shop. It’s still early to go back to her hotel room.

“Can I have a sea,t?”

She looked up and saw Carter Altaraza, wearing an army green long sleeve that hugs his muscled arms, holding a cup of coffee. Those long fingers give her a naughty impression.

Hinanap ng mga niya ang dalawang nagbabantay sa kanya, dahil bakit hinayaan ng mga ito na makalapit ang isang ‘to?

“I know your bodyguards, that’s why,” he said like as if he read her mind.

“Why are you here?”

“To have my coffee.” Then he sipped on his coffee.

“You can have your coffee at home or in another place, why do you need to go here for that.”

“Because I want to. Is there a problem with that?”

What he wants, huh? He’s hitting on her! She knew when a man likes her!

“You know what, you better stop hitting on me. I’m not really interested.”

“Woah,” Carter gasped, he even rested his back on his chair.

“You see, I already have a daughter. I don’t think you can handle both of us.”

“I can if I want to.”

Napailing nalang si Alandra. Carter gives her the vibes that he can’t just surrender, he likes to be thrilled.

Alam na alam niya kapag gusto siya ng isang lalaki, biglang-bigla nalang susulpot kung nasaan siya. Men who likes her used to stalk her and that’s creepy. They seems so obsess with her.

“Stop,”

“How’s Cambria?”

Umangat na ang kilay niya sa tanong nito.

“My daughter is fine.”

“Good.”

He sipped on his coffee again while his eyes were on her.

ALANDRA didn’t expect that Carter will be with them in Cebu. Inside a private plane, she suits herself. Ang magkaibigan ay nag-uusap sa plano ng mga ito na maglakbay sa dagat at natutukso siyang sumama.

“It’s final. We’ll go to Romblon,” Kielton said with finality.

“Can I join with that trip?” Alandra couldn’t help but ask.

Napatingin sa kanya ang dalawa.

“I will join!” aniya, hindi na naghintay pa ng sagot ng mga ito.

When they arrived in their mansion in Cebu, her mother embraced her tightly.

“Ah, I”m so happy to see you again, my baby girl!”

Alandra rolled her eyes but smile. “Not your baby anymore, mom.”

“You’re still my baby and Cambria.”

“Welcome home, honey.” Her father, and gave her a tight hug and kissed the top of her head.

“I’d be happier if you bring Cambria with you.”

“Next time, dad.”

Her parents seems like already knew Carter because they get along well. Nalaman niyang kilala na talaga ng magulang ang binata dahil doon pa natulog sa mansyon nila ng dalawang gabi bago ang party.

Channeling a hot red silk dress with a high slit on the front leg, high heeled open toe sandals, and a crystal purse, Alandra confidently walk down to the grand staircase.

She’s not that very excited about the party but she needs to act like she is. She doesn’t want to give her parents disappointment because they were the one who wanted this party. She should be happy.

Kung kasama niya lang sana ang anak niya at ipapakilala sa mga malalapit na kaibigan ng pamilya, mas magiging masaya siya. Kaya lang…hindi pa ‘yon mangyayari sa ngayon.

Her family is waiting for her in the living room. They are all wearing formal clothes. Her mother is in her dark maroon nightgown, her hair is in bun sophisticatedly.

What caught her attention is Carter, dashing on his white long sleeve polo, the sleeves were folded on his elbows. And his whole attention is on her!

“Let’s go, Altaraza!” Kielton grabbed Carter’s arm and drag him outside.

Even her brother knew that Carter has something on her. They became protective.

INSIDE the limousine going to the yacht club, his father suddenly spoke.

“Do I need to worry about your sudden arrival, Alandra?”

His brothers and Carter weren’t with them, they were in the other car behind.

“Can we talk about this after the party, Sebastian? Let’s just enjoy this night,” her mother said casually, then held her hand.

Alandra remains silent, she can’t just tell them what happened in Italy. Not right now.

THEY are now in the middle of the dark sea but they can still see the lights all over the shore from afar.

Her mother introduced her to the visitors and they greeted her politely. Everyone dressed up in formal and she knew these are the type of people that belongs to their circle.

Alandra is socializing with her mother’s amiga. They kept on asking her random questions about her life in Italy and their shipping business there. Even her love life!

“I told you Karrah, they could make a beautiful family in the future if only you allow me to arrange dinner dates for my son and Alandra.”

Napapansin niya na parang kanina pa siya pinag-aagawan ng mga kaibigan ng mommy niya para ipakilala sa mga anak nitong lalaki. But her mother simply declining those offer.

“I don’t think my daughter is ready for that.”

“You should try, hija,”

Alandra just gave them a small smile.

Wala sa sarili na may hinahanap ang kanyang mga mata. In an open deck outside, she saw her brothers, talking casually, with glass of liquor on their hands.

“Excuse me,” Alandra excused herself and walk outside.

His father is busy talking with his probably business partners and family friends. At the upper deck, she heard party music, it wasn’t that loud so the other guests wouldn’t be disturb.

Alandra went to the staircase on the side of the yacht to get there. Naabutan niyang nagsasayawan ang ilang kababaihan at kalalakihan na halos katulad ng ng edad niya o mas matanda pa sa kanya ng ilang taon.

She don’t really recognize these people, all the she knows is these people are from wealthy family like her, Siguro nga ay ilan sa mga lalaki dito ay anak ng mga kaibigan ng mommy niya.

“Alandra! Welcome back!” One of the girls gets near her, wearing a short classy dress.

“Thanks.” she simply said, she didn’t know this girl though.

Alandra’s eyes roam around and it stopped when she saw Carter near the railing, talking with two girls. He looks like he enjoys chatting with people, he’s not that hard to be with.

She went to the island counter to get her drink from a bartender.

She stay there, roaming her eyes around. Mas gusto niya ang hangin doon sa itaas kumpara sa ibaba, mas gusto niya rin ang naririnig na tugtog kumpara sa nakakaantok na musika kanina.

Nang makita niya na nagpaalam si Carter sa dalawang babae at naglakad papunta sa gawi niya, ay napasimsim siya sa wine na hawak.

When Carter get closer to her, his smell started to invade her senses. He rested his elbows at the island counter and talked to the barista.

“Sex on the beach,” he muttered, the husk on his voice didn’t escape her ears.

Alandra’s eyes went to the dark skies full of stars together with that impressive crescent moon tonight. The dimmed lights around the yacht are relaxing too, not to mention the small waves at the bottom part.

If only she was with her daughter, she’s so sure that Cambria would love watching this dark starry sky with her.

“How can I make you smile?”

Binalingan niya ang katabi dahil sa sinabi nito.

“What are you talking about?”

“You should enjoy the night. This party is for you.”

How can she do that? Her mind is flying away.

“I’m not in the mood.”

Alandra sipped on her wine, ignoring how Carter watch her. This man didn’t even flinch whenever she caught him staring at her.

“How’s Cambria?”

That question made her arched one eyebrow. Again? After he checks on her, he will check with Cambria as if knowing that they are fine is his job.

“Why are you asking?”

“Just curious if she was looking for me.”

At sa totoo lang, talagang palaging hinahanap ng anak niya ang lalaking ito. Sinasabi niya lang na busy sa trabaho kaya walang nagagawa ang anak niya. Pero alam niyang umaasa talaga si Cambria na makikita ulit si Carter.

“My daughter just mistook you as her daddy.”

“I don’t mind being her daddy though.”

Her eyes widened a bit, even her lips sightly opened in surprise because of what he just said!

“Are you crazy?” she asked in disbelief.

“You think so?” he asked then face her, there’s a sly smile on his lips.

“I don’t have time to play with your games. Back off.”

“Who told you that I am playing around?”

Alandra just gave the man a sharp glare, but he’s just staring at her as if he’s enjoying his view.

Bakit ba pakiramdam niya sa tuwing nagagalit at naiinis siya dito ay tuwang-tuwang pa ito? Nababaliw na ang lalaking ito!

“Do you really think I was looking for a man to be my daughter’s father? No!”

“I am willing.”

“Shut up!”

Kulang nalang ay kalmutin niya ang lalaking ito sa sobrang inis niya. Tiyak na hindi na rin maipinta ang mukha niya at halatang nasisiyahan pa talaga ito sa itsura niya!

How dare him? Did he think about claiming the responsibility of a father to her daughter? Is he out of his mind? They barely know each other!

“Look, we have resemblance. Can’t you see? Maybe I am really destined to be Cambria’s father.” He’s so confident!

But of course, she won’t deny the fact that Cambria and Carter have a resemblance! Rasha was the first one who noticed that.

Ngunit hindi pumasok sa isip niya na baka si Carter ang ama ng anak niya, dahil sa dami ng tao sa mundo, marami na ang magkakamukha.

“If you won’t stop, I will call the security to drag you out from this yacht.”

“No need, I can swim.” He smugly motioned to the shore, telling her that he can still swim despite the long distance.

“You are just here to annoy the hell out of me!”

“Ang ganda-ganda pa naman kaya lang mainitin ang ulo,” he murmured but she didn’t understand the words.

“What?!”

Pinasadahan ni Carter ng tingin ang kabuuan niya. His familiar eyes darkened after that quick glance all over her body.

Alandra sipped on her wine because she felt something on her stomach again the way his eyes roam around her body, something heat.

“Stop that stare, Carter.” She almost hisses.

“I never heard someone say my name beautifully as yours.”

Umirap siya. Hindi nga niya napansin na nabanggit niya na ang pangalan nito sa kakaibang kaba na nararamdaman sa kanyang dibdib.

“Alandra…” he whispered gently.

The way he say her name made her shiver silently. It sounds so erotic. She can almost hear the voice of Cambria’s father. What’s going on?

Alandra tilted her head a bit when she felt Carter’s nose almost touch the skin on her neck. She didn’t even notice that he is that close to her.

“I love your smell…”

“T-thanks.”

Did she stutter? And what did she say? She thanked him, right? Really?

“I love the smell of your hair too.” His nose travel to the side of her nape to smell her hair.

Alandra grip on her wine glass because she can feel the familiar heat between them. It’s so strange to feel that kind of sensation towards this man.

“I have been dreaming to smell this scent again.”

“Really?”

She gulped and tilted her head on the side, making her feel his lips on her nape.

“Yeah.”

“U-uh, you’re too close…”

“I know.”

“Give me some space. I feel hot.” She nervously let out a giggle.

Naramdaman niya ang pag-angat ng sulok ng labi nito.

“I can feel it,” Carter said before he stop smelling her hair, her nape, and neck.

Alandra slowly let out a breath, not knowing that she was holding it for a couple of minutes.