Chapter 8

This book will be very mature. There will be sex, drug use, mentions of abuse, and sexual assault.

There is a scene that depicts sexual assault in this chapter and I will put **** to mark before and after it is finished.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Sang's P.O.V. 

      The conversation between the two doesn't last long. I don't want it to seem like I was waiting for them to finish their talk, but I want to go ahead and get his phone before his friends get here and I lose the opportunity.

Then Ian stops by the booth and leans down to tell me, "Blake asked for you whenever you're done here."

I nod and after he's gone, I look at the boys. "Alright, game time."

"Be careful," Victor reminds me.

I nod, get out of the booth, and then end up sitting back down with Blake.

"What can I do for you Mr. Coaltar?," I ask.

"This will only take a moment, I don't want to take you away from your other table. I have a job proposal for you."

"A job?," I ask, "I already have a job."

He turns a little closer to me, his knee grazing mine. "You'd make a ton more working for me. It would give you experience which will help with your college application and I could write you a recommendation."

I pause for a moment. "I have to be honest, I don't think I would even know where to start with such a project." I don't even know what it is yet, but if it's anything like the one he told me about earlier, I would be very lost.

"Most of the research is already done. It's now in it's testing phase."

      "You're wanting to hire me even though you just met me last night," I ask. "What if I suck?"

       "Call it a gut feeling. Are you interested in hearing more? This is probably an inappropriate time, given where we are. Perhaps we could talk about it more in depth later."

         I don't miss the suggestive tone in his voice, leading me to realize he doesn't just want to give me a job. I decide to play naive, and see how far he would try and take this. "Do you mean an interview?," I ask.

         He smiles, "If you want to call it that. Personally, I'm not fond of a hiring process that's so formal. I like working with people I connect with, which is hard to do from across a desk."

            "Can I have some time to think about it?," I ask. Obviously it's a no, but I want to pretend to at least consider it.

          "Of course. I will warn you, I'm annoyingly persistent," he says before pulling a card out of his wallet, "Call me when you're ready to discuss it."

         I end up putting the card in my bra and when Blake raises an eyebrow, I shrug. "It's not like this uniform comes with pockets."

        "Fair enough," he nods.

I put a hand on his knee and lean in, "Well, you didn't come here to talk about science or to offer me a job. You came to have some fun."

        "Yes, Nina, you're right about that. What do you have in mind?"

        "Dance with me," I say.

         "Well, I can't turn that down," he says. We each take another shot and quickly he checks his phone. Then, he sticks it in his front pocket.