Chapter 5

Liam's POV

I just kept breathing heavily as the 3 of them looked at me in utter shock. I tried my best to stay sane and conscious to keep myself from passing out.

I don't know what happened but they haven't moved in the slightest after I freaked out.

"This c-can't be." Natalie whispered out in disbelief and struggled to stand.

"Fuck!" Kayne spat and tried to step back. He was clenching his fists so tightly and the veins on his neck were showing.

"But you're just a human." Ryder, the one who kissed me, stated and as I looked at him, my heartbeat began to quicken once again.

He narrowed his eyes on me and looked at me like I'm a specimen that he's never seen before.

"I am. B-But you people..." I trailed off and tried to process everything that happened and what was happening.

I'm not dreaming, am I?

Everything felt like a dream, one in which I would love to wake up from. I don't know why they haven't moved one bit, but I'd like to take my chances and escape.

I scanned for my way out but the path they were blocking was the only way to get away from them.

"Do not even think about it, human. You're coming with us." Kayne gritted out and it made me want to escape even more.

"No, I won't."

I readied myself and took a step forward. One single step made Natalie drop to her knees and felt dizzy. The 2 guys she was with also struggled, but the person who had a taste of me from earlier seemed to be handling it better.

My eyes widened at what just happened but I didn't stay long enough to find out what it was about.

My legs were still trembling but I knew better than to stay here. I inhaled a breath and clenched my fists before running like my life depended on it.

All of them were on their knees the moment I got closer to them. It was like they're immobilized.

Time seemed to slow down the moment I passed through my predator. My grayish blue eyes met with his amber ones for a moment, but it was gone just as quickly.

I never looked back once I escaped from them. I immediately stepped out of the alley when I saw the light from the road. I sprinted even faster when the thought of them trailing me crossed my mind.

I wasn't able to stop my feet in a hurry and I almost got hit by a car. The car honked at me and the driver rolled out his window to curse at me and give me the finger.

He was the last thing on my mind because I knew that whatever I saw and experienced tonight, it was real.

I debated whether If I should report this to the police or not. If I told them what I saw, they're going to think that I have some kind of problem in my head. Even I think that I'm going crazy. I couldn't explain what I saw. I couldn't understand any of it.

What were they? How did that woman turn into ashes?

There were a lot of questions on my mind but one thing was clear. I'm alive.

My heart was still beating as loud, but there was a sense of relief in it. I grabbed my bag to look whether I lost something they can use to track me down.

Luckily, I didn't drop anything and my phone was still on my pocket. I couldn't get off the feeling that they're going to run after me. If that was the case, then I shouldn't involve my family in this.

I sent a quick text to my mother that I won't be able to go home tonight because I was sleeping over at a friend's house. I knew that she was still waiting for me to come home at this time.

It took a few minutes for her to reply. She told me to be careful and to rest as soon as I can. I knew she wanted to ask more details but decided against it because she also knew I was tired.

In fact, I was.

My legs were aching due to how fast I ran. I was never the athletic type, because I don't want to burn the only fats I have left. I'm not skinny though, just a little bit.

I breathed out a sigh and decided to stay at a motel for the night. I jogged towards the nearest motel I could find and would look back every now and then to see if someone was following me.

When I was sure everything was clear, I entered the motel and immediately asked for a room. The lady with glasses looked me up and down before giving me a key and room number. I paid for it and thanked her before going to the room.

My anxiety was about to kill me because I kept on glancing from side to side whether someone was there before opening the room door.

The moment I got inside, I collapsed on the floor and released everything out. I couldn't believe that I was moments away from death. It was at times like these that I wanted to be alone. Just me and my emotions that reminded me I'm still alive.

The cold floor beneath my skin and the smell of the newly changed sheets calmed me down. The room was small but it was cozy.

I could hear the sound and whistle of the strong cold wind outside. It was so quiet and that's what I loved about it.

I crawled to the bed but I couldn't stand up due to the pain in my legs, so I carried myself up and plopped down on the soft mattress. My whole body ached so I let sleep heal me.

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment down below!!😘😘✨❤️ I love you guys🥺🥺