twenty eight

finishing the q&a took another five hours because of the amount of fooling around they did. none of them actually focused on answering questions besides niki and wilbur, and even then, it was a heavy understatement.

for the majority of the time, they weren't even on twitter reading through the questions. it was more so just them hanging out, occasionally getting back on track with the point of the recording.

after meredith finally ended the recording and closed her camera, her phone began ringing again from where she dropped it on the carpeted floor. at that point, everyone else had already left to go do their own thing. at least, that's what she assumed.

she groaned, moving to bend down to grab it when clay already has his fingers set on the back of the orange phone case. she glanced up, seeing his cocky smile staring right at her.

"i'm at least three feet taller than you, yet i got to it first?" he teased.

she slapped the phone from his hand, having it start to fall before she grabbed it with her other hand. "asshole. i am not three feet shorter than you. if i was three feet shorter than you, i'd be here."

meredith pointed right at his waistline, scoffing at him. clay's eyes widened when he followed her hand with his eyes, and coughed to cover up the small blush blossoming on his face.

she smirked when she watched his reaction, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she dropped down on her knees in front of him. "i'd be this tall, clay." she whispered, looking up at his panicked face.

"wha—stop it!" he backed up, face now beet red.

she snickered, moving her hands to her knees and getting back up. "so you're a talker, huh? not a doer?"

"...shut up."

"hey," clay whispered from his side of the bed. it was night time now, and the first time that they were actually going to be sleeping in the same bed together. "you still up?"

she turned around on her side, facing him. the moonlight shone on the right side of her face and neck, illuminating her skin perfectly. her eyes were droopy, yet still full of life at the same time. "yeah. what time is it?"

"um," he took his phone out from the nightstand, checking the time. "2 am."

"i'm only kind of tired." she replied, holding her hand up to her mouth but suppressed her yawn. "can we talk?"

"about what?" he began shifting around, no longer feeling comfortable in the position he was in on the bed.

"about anything, really. i just want to talk to you, get to know you more." she moved so she was on her back, hair sprawled out all around her.

his eyes trailed up and down her side profile before staying static on one thing. or rather two things, perhaps. lips. "okay. what about our family?"

"oh, that'a a whole can of worms for me. let's do you first." she dryly chuckled, glancing over at him who was still staring at her.

"but i want to hear about your family. if you're comfortable, of course." he insisted.

"okay, sure." she sighed. "my brother lives in oxford, and he's getting a master's degree in financial economics, i think. my mom lives in london too, in a house that i bought for her a little while ago. my dad was a deadbeat father who always yelled at me and made me prove my self worth to him even when all he could do was hold a beer bottle, but he left us when i was ten. we moved to the uk to get away from the chances of ever running into him. there's a lot more i could say, but i don't want to dump it all on you right now."

he was silent for a bit, thinking of what to say. "i'm sorry."

"why are you apologizing? wasn't your fault and it can't be fixed now."

"dunno. i'm sorry that i couldn't help you back then. at least you're doing well now!" he tried smiling in a sad attempt to make her feel better.

"i appreciate your efforts, clay, but that was long in the past. you wanna know why i'm proficient in so many things?" she turned her head to look at him. his fluffy hair was in his eyes, his cheek squished under his hand against his pillow.

"sure, shoot." he replied.

"because of my dad." she shrugged. "he always made me feel like i was worthless, so i spent most of my time getting good at everything to feel better about myself. includes art, writing, piano, guitar, singing, school, and a lot more academic stuff. and also minecraft and technology, which i used as basically my escape when i got overwhelmed with over working myself."

"you're doing pretty fucking well now, so your efforts paid off." he said.

"yeah, i guess. enough about me, what about your family?" she spun the topic on him, since talking about herself seriously was killing her.

"i have an older sister, a younger sister, and a younger brother. my younger sister, maya, actually talked to tommy on stream once or twice. i think she mentioned she was a big fan of yours, actually. at the time, i didn't know you, so i didn't have much to say about it."

"really?" she was intrigued. "did she say who her favorite youtuber was?"

he laughed, "uh—originally, she told tommy that hers was dream, but then she remembered you and switched it to pumpkin instead."

"looks like your sister likes you more than me. what a surprise." she said sarcastically. "what about your parents?"

"they live back in florida with maya and my little brother. i visit them every so often, sometimes maya comes over to my place and that's when she gets on the smp and starts killing everyone." he laughed. "it's a pretty normal family, i guess. i've lived in orlando all my life, and this is the second time i've been to england, i think."

"that's cool. how old is maya?"

"13...wait no, 14." he answered, eyes closing. he yawned, shivering a little. "it's so cold here. i don't like it."

"little baby can't handle the cold? aw, come here." she said in a patronizing voice, sticking her bottom lip out and brought him closer to her.

"i'm not a little baby!" he said, muffled in her shoulder. "florida weather and weather up here are really fucking different."

"shh, shh, go to sleep. do i have to get you a pacifier tomorrow for you to go to bed quietly?" she giggled.

"shut up!" he whisper-yelled.

twitter!

pumpkin :> @pumpkin
merry christmas eve eve to my 17 million subscribers!!!
that's one more million than dream :)
💬 8,482 🔁 16.4k ❤️ 358k

dream @dream
stfu
|
pumpkin :> @pumpkin
just speaking facts green boy