6

DIANE'S POV

I sipped my coffee, trying not to spill it all over the table because of Patricia's contagious laugh. Patricia had been one of the nicest people I've met since I started teaching here. She was old and would talk about her grandchildren all the time, which sort of reminded me of Whitney, my high school English teacher.

The teachers lounge was very nice, and I loved starting my morning with Patricia, she was always in a good mood.

I was worried about what would happen today after school, since I had to spend detention with Lou this afternoon. Things could be different since Friday and that made me a little nervous, specially because even if I felt like I knew her very well, I barely did.

"Hey Pat, do you know Jensen?"

"Big Jensen or Small Jensen?" She asked as she cleaned her reading glasses.

I smiled, "There's a big Jensen?" I asked.

She nodded, "Well she already graduated, but yes. There was a big Jensen."

I nodded in understanding, "Well then I'm talking about small Jensen. Laura."

"Oh, Lou. I had her for three years in a row. She's sweet, but since Nelson's kid passed I haven't really seen her. I do hear a lot from her mom."

"You know her mom?" I asked sipping my coffee again.

"Nancy Jensen." She nodded, "Nicole, Big Jensen, she had problems with Spanish class so I had to give her extra help when she was a kid. Nancy and I got to know each other over the years. I've known Nicole since she was the small Jensen." Patricia said, letting out a small chuckle.

I smiled thinking of how cute Lou must have been when she was a kid.

"You must have small Jensen, that's why you're asking?" Patricia asked, looking at me.

I looked up at Patricia and spoke, "Indeed. She's not bad in my class, she just doesn't look like her best self, you know?"

"The Jensen kids have gone through hell, DeeDee." She shrugged.

I chuckled because she used that nickname on me, "They have?" I asked, growing serious.

"Their father died, a long time ago, and now with Nelson's kid passing away as well... they're not in their best, specially small Jensen."

I frowned, because I remembered crystal clear that Lou had told me she was visiting her dad when we first met. But besides that thought I also felt bad for Lou, she had lost her best friend and she must have felt so alone when it first happened.

"Lung cancer. Nancy couldn't handle it. They took the body to Boston. The girls loved their dad." Pat said, putting on her glasses now that they were cleaned.

"I had no idea." I said, speechless.

She shook her head, "It's such a pity."

"Yeah..."

"If anyone asks, Miss Andrews told you."

-----------

The day went smoothly and I hadn't seem Lou yet, although I hoped she wouldn't skip classes today like she did on Friday. She was going to be lost because of missing my latest class and I would have to explain it to her after class ended. To be honest I couldn't wait to see her.

My final class started and I immediately regretted the desire to see her, because it was weird to think that I touched myself by thinking of her, and it was also a turn on. I watched her get inside my classroom alone, Allie nowhere to be seen.