Chapter 28: His only friend

Zoe's POV

This morning I woke up grinning, I still can't believe I managed to pull it off. Had I  known that revenge would feel this good, I would have done it a long time ago.

Still in my pyjamas, I leapt to the kitchen downstairs, holding onto anything in my path.

This morning the kitchen seemed busier than ever with JoJo and a few other maids making breakfast and Alex at the blender, fully concentrated.

"Morning everyone," I greeted cheerfully.

I took a seat at the small kitchen table as everyone continued with their work.

JoJo replied with a smile while Alex ignored me, maintaining his focus on the blender.

"Don't tell me you're still mad about yesterday," I said innocently to Alex. I pushed my chair closer to him just to annoy him.

He looked at me with a pout. "Why would I be mad at you?" He asked sarcastically. "It's not like you used up all the ink and I couldn't even print a single page for a work document." He answered.

He rolled his eyes and took a glass from the cupboard.

"As they say, revenge is best served cold," I muttered to him.

He folded his arms smirking at me. "I honestly don't know if I should be angry or proud," He answered nonchalantly.

Alex smirking to himself returned his attention to the blender.

Minutes later, he was done and pouring the green juice into the glass.

"You have to drink up," He said bringing the glass over to me.

My smile immediately dropped.

He pushed the glass over to me. I stared at it for a moment rethinking all the bad decisions I've made lately.

"I know that this is probably a stupid question but have I done anything for you to hate me this much," I asked.

"It's for the baby. I researched that it's good for you, you should try it." He insisted. "You wouldn't want our baby born underweight or something serious just because you couldn't suck it up and drink a glass of juice, would you?" he said innocently.

Just not that juice, I thought. I'd drink anything else.

I should have known never to have used the baby to manipulate him, he was a master in the art of manipulation.

I turned to look at JoJo for help who shook her head at me.

"I can't help you on this one," She answered reading my mind.

I sighed downheartedly and looked down at the glass again.

"I'll have breakfast served in the dining room," JoJo announced.

Alexander nodded.

JoJo and the maids took the trays of food to the dining, leaving Alex and me alone.

Ever since I dreamt of him, I've been trying to spend the least amount of time alone with him. I figured the more time I spent alone with him the more likely I was to dream of him, I just don't trust myself around him anymore (nor do I trust him).

He walked behind my chair and started rubbing my back. "You have to drink up, the longer you wait the harder it's going to get." I could hear the mockery in his tone.

"I hate you," I muttered taking a final look at the juice and then at him.

I held the glass with my one hand, the other pinching my nose as I swallowed the juice.