𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:YOUR OPINION

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
YOUR OPINION

THE TEENAGER SAT THERE, HER ankles crossed over one another as she reveled in the silence that was floating around the bedroom. She had a book in her hands, her eyes carefully scrolling over the words on the white pages. She glanced up when a knock was placed on the door, pausing in order to finish the sentence she had been reading before placing the book onto her bed and standing up, walking over to the door and pulling it open.

     "Nat." Salem spoke letting out a breath as she offered her mother figure a small smile. "What's up?"

     "Well, Wanda's training with Steve, so I thought you'd want to spar with me." Natasha shrugged her shoulders. Salem nodded her head, glancing towards her book before looking back towards the woman.

     "Sure. I've got nothing better to do anyways." She walked out of her bedroom, closing the door behind her and following after Natasha. They passed by the room in which Steve was helping Wanda with her powers, a sigh fell from Salem's lips as she entered the training room with Natasha. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail, before looking at Natasha and nodding her head. The two went at it, fighting against one another, and Salem to the opportunity to let her frustrations out. And of course, Natasha was quick to notice this.

     "I guess you needed this more than you'd like to admit." Natasha spoke, ducking under a swing from Salem. Salem only hummed in response. Before Natasha could catch her, Salem teleported behind the woman, grabbing onto her arm before quickly flipping her onto the mat. Salem looked down at Natasha who rose her eyebrows at the girl. "Wanna talk about it?"

      "It's nothing." Salem shook her head, dismissing the subject. She held out a hand for Natasha to grab and the woman did so before quickly throwing Salem down to the mat, pinning the girl down. Salem rolled her eyes before teleporting from the woman's grasp so that she was standing up behind her. Natasha stood, turning to look at the teenager.

     "It's nothing?"

     "Yeah."

     "You can tell me anything, you know that."

     "No,  I know." Salem nodded her head. The two continued to throw hits at one another, Salem wrapping her arm around the woman's throat, and holding onto her arms as she sighed. "Wanda and I got into an argument."

     "An argument? About what?" Natasha asked, throwing her head back and sending Salem stumbling back, allowing the redhead to get out of her grip. Salem shrugged her shoulders.

     "Trust. She thinks that I don't trust her because of what happened with Ultron. I told her that that wasn't true, but she just said that we used just take a break from one another, and come back to it when we're both ready to talk." Salem ducked under Natasha swing, quickly turning around as she blew a stray hair from her face. "We both admitted that there was something there, but we just needed time."

     "At least you came to a compromise." Natasha suggested, kicking Salem's feet out from under her and sending her to the ground with huff. "Have you thought about it?"

     "I have." Salem nodded, forcing herself up from the ground. "For a few days actually, but I want to know your opinion."

     "My opinion?" Natasha rose an eyebrow and Salem nodded her head. "What exactly do you need my opinion for?"

     "Well. . . Nat, you and Clint are the only parental figures I've had. I can't even remember my own parents. So, you're opinion, your judgement, it means a lot to me." Salem truthfully told her. Natasha lowered her hands to the side as Salem did the same. The woman had been taken the right to bare children when she was in the Red Room, and even though she was never have children of her own blood and DNA, Salem would always be her daughter in her eyes.

     Natasha looked at the girl before nodding her head, taking a step closer in order to place a hand on the girl's shoulder. "Whatever you do, that's your choice, Sal. But, if you want my serious opinion, then I say go for it. You and Wanda will be good for each other. And, the frustrating tension between you two is seriously starting to give me a headache."

     Salem let out a scoff, though a smile was pulling at her lips before it fell and she shook her head. "I'm scared, Nat. I don't like being scared."

     "I know you are." Natasha nodded her head. "It's okay to be scared. In fact, sometimes being scared is part of the adventure."

     "I never knew you were an adventurous person." Salem spoke, cocking her head slightly.

      "Oh yes, I'd like to believe I'm very adventurous. Cautious, but adventurous." Natasha smirked slightly before attention turned to a figure walking by. Salem followed her eye line, watching Wanda and Steve's figures walk by. Salem bit down on her lip and Natasha turned to look at Salem. "Go get her."

     "We'll talk later with an update on how it went?" Salem questioned, Natasha smiled before nodding her head. Salem smiled at the woman before quickly running out of the room, following the direction that Wanda had went. She ran down the hallway, stopping in order to catch her breath. "Wanda!" The said girl turned at the sound of her name. "Wait a second?" Salem walked up to the girl, clearing her throat as she stopped a few inches from the girl.

     "I'm ready to have that talk now."