❀37❀

"더 이상은 듣기 싫은 차가운 목소리 귀를 막아도."

Jisung's blood runs cold when he hears Hwara speak so vulnerably, freezing at the mention of Lee Taejin

"Lee Taejin? Of Octris? He shouldn't be interfering with this stuff. Why is he...?" Jisung trails off, trying to think of reasons why Hwara's important to that psychopath.

"Th-Three years ago, Yoon Minseok kidnapped me for his own selfish reasons but also for Lee Taejin. That's all I can really remember," Hwara mumbles.

Jisung clenches his fist, slightly annoyed that the bastard somehow made his way back into their lives. Although Jisung's not the one that probably hates him the most, he's a close fifth maybe. Lee Taejin's a manipulative, powerful man and the only one of the original big three gang leaders still standing. He eliminated the other two. He destroyed his family and the old NCT and killed off all of the Jungs.

"If it has to do with him, no one will let anything happen to you. Lee Taejin...Taeyong hates him the most out of everyone."

"Why?"

Jisung slightly hesitates before speaking out. "We can talk about this tomorrow, okay? Go to sleep, Love."

Hwara reluctantly nods her head before pushing herself deep under the covers, her cheeks puffed and her face barely peeking out. Jisung lets out a deep breath, taking a look at the girl. She looks like a squirrel. It's cute.

At this point, Jisung doesn't even try to shoot down his thoughts. He agrees—she is cute. Before she seemed too invested in the mafia world without caring for it, but now she's like a kid. He's fine with that, though. He still likes her. He still likes her a lot, just as much if not more than before they bonded. Originally, he hated the soulmate bond. But, he developed feelings for his soulmate before the bond could even interfere, despite Hwara having Solus. Maybe that's the reason he's still so comfortable with the idea of the two being soulmates. Maybe.

Hwara tightly grips onto his hand, snuggling closer into his side. That's when Jisung becomes flustered at the situation they're in. Although no one can see it, his face heats up fairly quickly as he tries to slowly untangle her from him.

Hwara's almost half-asleep by now, her thoughts barely coherent as exhaustion takes over her. As Jisung finally manages to get free and gets up, Hwara unconsciously pulls on his hand, causing Jisung to turn back around.

"Don't go. I'm still scared," Hwara mumbles. "Please?"

Jisung panics internally not really knowing what to do. If the others see us, they'll call us out for it. If I leave, Hwara will just panic again. If I stay, I'm going to panic. Wait, I'm already panicking. Should I just ignore her? But, I'll just feel bad.

In the end, Jisung pats the girl's head lightly, albeit a little awkwardly. "Give me one minute."

Jisung then walks over to the bedroom door of their shared room, locking the door quietly to not make any more noises. All the members have knocked out from their missions today anyway, but it's just a precaution. Now they won't bully him over something they can't see. But, now he has to go to Hwara. How's he going to do this again?