109

I felt the nerves picking up as my Uber driver brought me to destination. I didn't know if it would be a good idea to come here or not but I felt like I had to.

"Thanks." I said to the driver then got out and headed towards the big white house in front of me. I could feel my heart racing as I walked to the front door.

"You're okay." I mumbled to myself then pounded my fist on the door. I chewed on my lip and waited until the door opened, revealing the older blonde woman.

"Violet?" She asked as I nodded. "What are you doing here?" She asked in shock as I bundled my sleeves in my hands. "I...I don't know. I'm sorry I should go." I said then turned away.

"No! Come in..I've been meaning to reach out to you." She said then opened her door more. I paused for a second then turned to follow her into the house.

There were pictures of Daisy sprinkled around the house, along with some of Daisy and I. I was surprised her mom would still have those ones up after what happened.

"So what brings you back to Ohio?" Daisy's mom said as we sat down at the kitchen table. "It's a long story...I just wanted to apologize about what happened with Daisy." I said quietly.

"I knew you would try and do that." She said with a little laugh. "It's not your fault." She said and took my hand. "It is though. I shouldn't have made her move. I should have known she wouldn't have wanted that." I said as I twisted my rings.

"It's not your responsibility to know what she wanted. I told her to go so if it's anyone's fault it's my own." She said and shook her head. "Have you heard from her?" I asked and picked at my nails.

"Yeah. She's in prison and will be for a while. I just don't know why she would do that." She said with a sigh. "She was resentful towards me. It was building up for so long I don't think she knew how to handle it." I said and looked around the familiar kitchen.

"She had a lot of issues finding herself since her father left." Daisy's mom said as I nodded. "I know. I think that's what started all of it." I said and chewed my lip.

"What exactly happened? I wasn't able to talk to her. I've just been in the dark." She said and stood up to go grab something from the kitchen. "We won this contest to go ghost hunting with her favorite youtubers. I only entered because of her, and I was the one that ended up winning." I explained as she put a glass of water in front of me.

"Are those the boys who she always talked about?" She asked as I nodded. "Yeah, she loved them so much because they gave her confidence to trust men again. She was actually in love with one of them." I said then took a sip of water.

"Long story short, the one she was in love with...fell in love with me." I said as my heart ached. "So she got mad.." Daisy's mom said and closed her eyes. "She tried to come between us and got sent home from the trip, so she went back to Colorado, got all of her stuff, destroyed my things, then left." I said as she gasped.

"Violet...I'm so sorry." She said as I shook my head. "It's not your fault. It's all mine." I said and scrubbed my face with my hands. "No it's not. What happened next?" She asked then took my hand and squeezed it.

"I moved to LA but she couldn't get passed the fact that this guy and I were in love. She threatened me multiple times, then showed up to my job and shot me in the chest." I said then pulled my shirt down slightly to show the scar.

"Oh my god! Violet!" She gasped and brought her hand to her chest. "I lived." I breathed out with a laugh. "I'm so sorry she did that. I shouldn't have tried to push her to go to Colorado with you. I knew she had issues after her father abused her but...I thought getting away from here would help her. I thought it would be good for her." She said as tears formed in her eyes.