Chapter 5 - the return of Quaid

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

The return of Quaid

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

It's been a few days since the battle at the wedding and could I dare say things are slowly getting back to normal?

Well, that depends on what you call normal.

Varian won't interact with anyone that isn't you or Sophie unless one of you two are there, almost like he's scared of something but he won't say.

And the Barron is officially out of Varados! Meaning that you can finally get back on the road to find your destiny.

And what could go wrong?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

"(__), you ready? Eugene said  we're going in a few minutes." Varian walks into the caravan.

You close your journal, "Yeah, have you seen Rapunzel?"

"The princess? Oh yeah, shes outside." He smiles.

"Ladies and gentlemen of Varados!"

Suddenly you and Varian run outside to see Rapunzel and Eugene, Sophie notices and runs up too.

"Or this could happen..." Eugene says confused.

"You may have noticed the sudden departure of our beloved Barron, leaving a vacancy in management. Well, good news, The position has filled."

"Is that Weasel?" Rapunzel asks.

"The Barron's right-hand man. With that maniac in charge, you can bet things are about to get a lot uglier around here." You explain.

"I've got plans for my city, in a word, expansion!"

The crowd gasp.

"Any neighbouring field, forest or Fjord belongs to me! And people, growths like that capital, so I've come to collect!"

Goons that worked for the Barron walk around, taking any money they can from the citizens.

Cass walks up, "Alright Raps, I know you see people in trouble, but this isnt our fight, don't do anything-"

Before Cass could finish Rapunzel is gone.

Cass groans, "Drastic..."

Rapunzel runs over, "Hey, Weasel! Leave the people of Varados alone."

"Huh, princess, still in town? Let me see you out." Weasel snaps his fingers making a guard run over.

Rapunzel lets down her hair and makes the man go into an empty cart.

"Cmon, you don't mind if we stick around for a little bit, Do you?"

Sophie smiles excitedly and is about to run to get some action but Eugene stops her. "I don't think so, you kids stay here."