Meet the Best Friend

At least a week had passed since their first kiss, and Athena was far from ashamed to say that there had been many more following it. She felt like a teenager,  obsessed with having her lips attached to her boyfriend's. They often found themselves sneaking off during breaks, meeting in the middle of their two classrooms and finding a broom cupboard to snog in. They also, unfortunately, had a wedding to plan and Athena often found herself buried in not only her work, but wedding plans as well and she was quickly becoming overwhelmed. Her and Sirius were sitting at their desks in their living space grading papers when she suddenly sighed.

"I'm not sure how much longer I can keep burning the candle at both ends, Sirius. We have less than two weeks to get the rest of this wedding together and we've only got an official to perform the ceremony and our location. I think it's time to call in backup."

"And who, dare I ask, is your backup?"

"Dora of course! I've been ignoring her response for at least a week. I can ask her to meet me in Hogsmeade this afternoon and we can nail down the last few details and then you and I should be able to get married by next week at the earliest?"

"Are you trying to get me into bed, Bailey?" Athena looked at him curiously.

"Get you into bed? I'm trying to keep us both out of Azkaban?"

"Well, we went from getting married in two weeks, to getting married by next week. Did you forget about the next part of  the law?" Athena's eyes widened once she remembered.

"Oh bloody hell. Of course you'd remember that part," Athena cursed before letting a small smirk cross her face. She stood up, and crossed over to his desk with a seductive walk. "You know, you wouldn't need the law to get me into bed." Sirius smirked as he set down his quill, and then crossed his arms behind his head. He flashed a boyish grin.

"Is that so?" Athena crawled into his lap, straddling his thighs in the chair, a truly precarious position considering the age of the chair itself.

"It is," She leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on his lips before whispering into his ear. "You're still not getting anything a second before the wedding." Sirius's jaw dropped as she leaned away from him giggling wildly.

"That's not fair at all Miss Bailey." He pouted and stood up, gripping the backs of her thighs tightly to carry her. He tossed her onto their bed and headed into the closet.

"What in Merlin's name are you doing?" He poked his head out of the closet and grinned.

"I'm putting my dress robes on. We're getting married now."  She groaned loudly. "Now we're definitely getting married today," He called from inside the closet.

"Sirius. We don't have anything ready! And we're only getting married once! I'd like it to be a real wedding!" His head poked out again, this time a pout on his face.

"Fine. You win, but you'd better send that letter out to my darling cousin quickly." Athena giggled and stood up from the bed to write Dora yet another letter. The response to the marriage law had been a rather excited one, who better to marry than her best friend's husband's best friend? The letter itself had included a moving picture of her precious Godson, Teddy, chasing the cat that Dora and Remus had recently brought into the home. Athena smiled, touching the photo with fondness in her smile.

Dora,
Sorry it's taken so long to write you back. It appears that Sirius and I have a little too much on our plate. If you aren't busy this week, I'd appreciate it greatly if you could help me plan the rest of this. We could meet at the Three Broomsticks whenever you can?

Forever in your debt,

Your best friend Athena

Athena quickly tied the letter to her own owl's leg and gave her the directions. By the time she was done, Sirius was now sitting shirtless on their bed. Now, this was not an uncommon sight. Since their relationship had taken a turn, Athena often found Sirius lounging around in various states of undress, almost as if he was attempting to seduce her, which wasn't far from the truth.