chapter 50

(starts the morning of the break up)
__________________________

draco's pov

"wakey-wakey malfoy!"

a pillow hits me across the face roughly as a body sinks down at the end of my mattress. i groan, turning onto my stomach and burying my head into my pillow.

i have not missed sleeping in the dormitory.

"you're missing breakfast!" blaise shouts again, pulling down my covers and standing up off my bed.

"who cares— i'm not hungry," i mutter against my pillow, reaching down to try and grab the blanket again just as blaise pulls them completely away.

"crabbe said you didn't end up eating dinner last night. therefore, i'm forcing you to eat breakfast."

"zabini—"

"up! up i say! or i'll tip the bed over myself."

i sigh and flip back over to face him, seeing him standing beside my bed holding my covers against him— grinning from ear to ear proudly.

"is she down there?" i tilt my head, frowning at him.

he stiffens for a moment, and then casually says, "is who down there?"

"you know who i mean—" i groan, "y/n. she's— well, i've fucked up again, massively— so she's all pissed at me—"

"mm," blaise nods, watching as i climb out of bed and make my way towards the bathroom to get ready.

"and she says she wants to 'talk' later—"

"after your date?" blaise says, leaning in the doorway.

"no, she's cancelled that. says she has to help daphne with a divination project."

"oh," he says quietly, furrowing his brow and staring at the floor.

"shit, i'm just— she's never been this mad at me before, mate." i finish with my hair and brushing my teeth, before walking past blaise back into the bedroom. "and i never say the right things. i'm too— blunt. but i don't know how not to be. so another talk will probably just end in another fight."

"i'm sure it'll be fine," blaise smiles, sitting down on my bed as i pull clothes out from my trunk.

"right," i nod semi-confidently, pulling out my usual attire of a black turtleneck and black dress pants.

"did your mum send you that? doesn't look like something you'd buy." blaise questions, pointing to a sweater at the bottom of the stack.

"oh— no, it's from y/n. valentine's day gift," i shrug, pulling it out to inspect. "not really my color is it?"

"all you wear is black, mate. nothing's your color," blaise chuckles, swinging his legs off my bed and walking towards the door. "breakfast, ten minutes, malfoy. i'll be watching you!" he sings as steps out into the hall, shutting the door behind him.

i laugh softly under my breath, dropping the sweater and drawing on my pants. as i reach for the turtleneck, i eye the sweater for a second. i suppose it is a nice green.

i narrow my eyes at it for a second before grabbing it up and throwing it on, finding it fits perfectly and smells of her perfume.

i smile to myself before clearing the emotion from my face, exiting the room to go find blaise in the great hall.

__________________________

i convince blaise to come back up to the room of requirement with me for a bit. seeing as nott's off with pansy, crabbe and goyle are who knows where, and whatever girl he's shagging from ravenclaw is unaccounted for— he ends up being left with little choice.