12

"So that was Val, huh?"

Blake and I are cuddling in his bed, our legs tangled beneath the sheets. I'm settled within the crook of his chest and shoulder, sighing contentedly as his fingers graze my skin.

"Yeah. She's pretty awesome."

"I can tell. I swear I wasn't eavesdropping—she's so loud, but I wouldn't say no to that threesome. Only if that's what you want, though."

Oh, so this could unfold into that kind of relationship. Not that I'd mind. Val is my best friend, my partner in crime and the only person I trust with my life. If she and Blake are open to that, I'm happy to explore it with them. But I also have to establish boundaries.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

I feel so shy bringing it up, but this is important. It's better to have a clear answer now than cross a line later because we didn't talk about this. I clear my throat. "Okay, so you and Val both mentioned the threesome thing, which I don't mind, but we would still be exclusive, right? I don't feel comfortable with open relationships."

Blake shifts so he's lying on his side facing me, propped on his elbow. His eyes are serious as he watches me. "We are definitely exclusive. I won't lie and say two women having sex doesn't turn me on, but I believe in fidelity. I will never cheat on you, and I won't hesitate to walk away if you're unfaithful."

His tone pierces my chest with anxiety. He's so serious. I'd never do that to someone, and though I know he's simply laying out his set of rules, I'm taken aback by how abrasive he is. It makes me wonder if someone has cheated on him.

"I don't sleep around," I say firmly. "You're the second person I've been with, and I don't plan on dropping my panties for everyone in sight. If Val ends up with us at any point, it's because we consented to it."

Blake's eyes soften as his hand cups my breast. He then plants a kiss on my forehead before moving to my mouth. "Good. I'd never compare you to anyone or suggest you're like that, but I needed to put it out there. My last girlfriend slept with a guy I worked with at my previous job."

Ouch, so it was true. "Well, I'm not her," I say reassuringly.

"Oh, I know," he says with a wide grin, sliding his hand lower. "The moment I saw you, I knew you were a good girl, but I also saw a woman dying to unleash her inner sex goddess. I'm kind of surprised you're okay with the idea of Val joining us."

"She's different," I say, trying to think of how best to articulate the nuances of our friendship. "She's always been there, and she'd cut someone and hide the body if they ever hurt me. I'm not sure how I identify—I like men, but Val is the one person I'd explore that side with. She was my first friend in college, she lifts me up, and she's seen the best and worst sides of me."

"Should I be worried?" he asks, still grinning as his finger stops just above my center. He's drawing small circles in my skin just above my sensitive area, sending tingles everywhere.

I move in to kiss him, taking a fistful of his hair and pulling hard enough to make him gasp. Then I thrust my hips into his groin, drawing a moan from his lips.

"No. I'm explaining who she is to me, though I'm probably doing a terrible job of it. I like you too, but I still need to get to know you."

"Fair enough," he rasps, suddenly swinging his leg and sitting over me. His hands and knees are on each side of me, and I can tell he's trying not to crush me with his weight. He buries his face into my neck, and I lean back into the bed. "Enough talk. More sex."