Colors | رنگ

HAPPY READ!❤

HAPPY READ!❤

قیامت خیز ہیں  آنکھیں تمہاری 

تم آخر خواب کس کے دیکھتے ہو

(Qayamut khaiz hain ankhen tumhri,

Tum akhir khwab kis kay dekhthay ho)

HOSPITAL:

Zohaib checked his cell phone umpteen times since morning but there was not even a single message from home. He roughly placed his phone on a table with a loud thud and groaned softly in annoyance.

"Aesa kya ghuma hai jo mil nahi raha? (What have you lost that you are unable to find?)", asked his colleague Hamza with narrowed eyes who was carefully observing him for more than an hour.

"Zahraa", Zohaib muttered inaudibly and fetched a breath.

It's been more than a week since he has started leaving Zahra at home. These days are the hardest for both Zahra and Zohaib. He was used to Zahra's 24\7 presence around him. Everyday Faryal and Zain bring Zahra to meet him during his break, video calls him, or used to message him frequently about Zahra's whereabouts or if they had to ask anything. He was always connected to Zahra throughout the day but today neither they came to the hospital during lunch break nor Zain has contacted him, not even a single message.

"Let's go for lunch together", Hamza said.

"Sorry I won't be able to join you Hamza, I've to go home", Zohaib said while standing up from his place.

"Oh so the workaholic Zohaib Ahmed Durrani is going home early these days, Am I dreaming?", Hamza teased him.

"Isn't this our pack up time already?", Zohaib cross-questioned him.

"It is indeed, but what about your overtime working hours?", Hamza said with a smirk.

"Allah Hafiz", Zohaib said. He put the mobile in his pocket, straightened the strap of his bag on the shoulder, and left his cabin hastily.

--------------------------------

DURRANI HOUSE:

"Aren't we messy?" Faryal said with a pout looking at the mess around her. Poster colors, markers, different types of sheets, and papers spread around them. Her gaze stopped on Zahra who was sitting in front of her playing with the things, with her back attached to the pillow on the floor with Faryal. Zahra's clothes and face had patches of different colors of paints.

"Very messy indeed!" Faryal shook her head with an amused smile on her face. She picked up the scattered mess around her and organized them.

Knock!... Knock!